from boston with a conscience... - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-01-2008, 07:07 PM

...i love the taste of meat...

been hard to give it up. went veggie 2 months ago.

dang this is tough.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donteatme View Post

...i love the taste of meat...

been hard to give it up. went veggie 2 months ago.

dang this is tough.

It is. Don't buy into the stereotype that all vegans are gay, it's not all thattrue. lol
#3 Old 12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibre View Post

Eat me. You know you want to.

Not cool at all!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-01-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybackGuru View Post

Not cool at all!!!!

I really would LOVE a burger right now... little hamburger place right outside my apt...
#5 Old 12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned

Yerh , some find it not easy to give up or have trouble with strong urges or desires for meat in the begining.

What sort of meat subs are you using there are dishes in the recipe thread that can help with meaty tastes , are you a good cook .

Maybe you could look at meat as turtles meat , it might help , have you viewed any of the videos on VB .....

https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=61678
#6 Old 12-01-2008, 11:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!
#7 Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 PM

i'm not proud. i did it. after fighting the urge, yesterday after work i went in and ordered a cheeseburger. i stared at it for 10 minutes before i just couldn't take it anymore and i rammed it down in 4 or 5 bites. i didn't even think and it was so delicious. i actually bought another and binged it immediately. this was my first meat in months and i felt awful and still do. i also experienced massive cramping and debilitating diarrheas later that night and the next morning. i think my body had become unaccustom to meats. i feel like i'm a binge eater now... like i have an eating disorder. i'm sneaking behind my gf's back (she's veggie) to sneak burgers at the greasy little diner next to my apt. I've had one other burger since my relapse. i really don't know what to do to get back on track... i feel like such a murderer... blood is on my hands.
#8 Old 12-03-2008, 08:39 PM

Its ok, I have urges from time to time to. I never gave in tho. Keep fighting the good fight.
#9 Old 12-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Veggie Regular

I think you just need some really good tasting meat alternatives. That usually satisfies me. Make a really fatty deep fried vegetarian chicken patty or something similar and turn it into an awesome sandwich. It'll likely help keep you on track, you're likely just craving greasy fatty goodness. Good luck!
#10 Old 12-04-2008, 05:35 AM
Ex-*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by donteatme View Post

i'm sneaking behind my gf's back (she's veggie) to sneak burgers at the greasy little diner next to my apt. I've had one other burger since my relapse. i really don't know what to do to get back on track... i feel like such a murderer... blood is on my hands.

So why are you trying to go veggie? Is it more because of your girlfriend or more because of the ethical implications of meat-eating? You've had some great advice already in this thread. I'll just add that it helps a lot to have one's reasons sorted out. Maybe some of those videos can help you with that.

Boston is an excellent city for vegetarians / vegans, btw. Good luck!

I no longer post here after VB was sold in 2012. (See my profile page for details.)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page