vegan employment? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-06-2003, 02:30 PM

Hello everyone. I'm so glad I found this great site! I found it by doing a search in yahoo for vegan classifieds and message boards. I've been vegan for about 9 years now and I do all I can to educate others about the benefits of the plant-based diet. One thing that's evolved from my aware lifestyle is a talent and skill that I market everywhere I go. I've been a writer for more than 10 years and am doing what I can to market my articles and my books. At the moment, I'm trying to find work.

I'm having a tough time right now and am not doing so well emotionally. I'm grateful for everything I have, but I'm enduring a great deal of turmoil in my life. Without going into a big dissertation, I'll just include the link here to a home page my husband and I created describing our painful situation. I don't want to cry on anyone's shoulder, but I need help and I need work like yesterday. I'm always open to innovative ideas and helpful positive suggestions. Please visit the following site and send us a smile and some love and hugs. We sure could use it! Thanks and many blessings.

http://turning.2ya.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-06-2003, 04:21 PM

Hi earthwriter!

I certainly hope things work out for you. Best of wishes.
#3 Old 11-06-2003, 05:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome earthwriter. Hope it all works out sooner rather than later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi, earthwriter! Glad to have you with us!
#5 Old 11-07-2003, 02:03 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello Earthwriter, and welcome to Veggieboards!
#6 Old 11-07-2003, 02:39 AM
Veggie Regular

G’day! Welcome to VB!

I’m sure you’ll work things out.
#7 Old 11-07-2003, 04:04 AM
Kiz
Veggie Regular

Hi there!

Welcome to Veggieboards. I hear you about the employment thing, I sooo need work it's not funny, but where I live right now has close to the highest unemployment in this country. It's tough. Welcome anyway, stay a while and have a good time.

Love the post? Why not buy the T-shirt!
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=categorie&cat=8
http://www.kiz-shop.de/index.php?page=product&info=94
#8 Old 11-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey there Earthwriter! Sounds like you got the life of the writer there--looking for work, looking for a publisher, looking for a contract. Do you have a library near you that has the Writer´s Market guide? I bet you already know what the Writer´s Market is. However, if you don´t, it´s a collection of short descriptions of thousands of publishers and magazines along with their addresses and what they expect of submissions. It´s updated every year, so you shouldn´t settle for the edition from 1967. (Actually, I did see the edition of 1967 in a used book store in Barcelona.)

Other than that, all I can tell you to do is keep trying. As hard as it is, you may need to *gasp* find a non-writing related job and look for a writing job while working the other job to pay the bills. I know, it hurts.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#9 Old 11-07-2003, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Hehehe... ok, now that I´ve read your story on your website, let me modify the last thing I said in my other post. Sounds like looking for a non-writing-related job is trickier for you than for me. I´m trying to think of workplaces that have reputations for being anti-hairspray, anti-perfume, and the only ones I can think of are nursing homes and other places like that. If strong-smelling cleaning chemicals do you in, too, then a nursing home probably would be a bad option even if you didn´t mind the work itself. I know, having worked in nursing homes myself, some of them have strong policies about what their employees can smell like since residents often have allergies.

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#10 Old 11-07-2003, 10:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi earthwriter, welcome to VB
#11 Old 11-07-2003, 07:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Earthwriter welcome!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page