VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   vegan employment? (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/8666-vegan-employment.html)

earthwriter 11-06-2003 02:30 PM

Hello everyone. I'm so glad I found this great site! I found it by doing a search in yahoo for vegan classifieds and message boards. I've been vegan for about 9 years now and I do all I can to educate others about the benefits of the plant-based diet. One thing that's evolved from my aware lifestyle is a talent and skill that I market everywhere I go. I've been a writer for more than 10 years and am doing what I can to market my articles and my books. At the moment, I'm trying to find work.

I'm having a tough time right now and am not doing so well emotionally. I'm grateful for everything I have, but I'm enduring a great deal of turmoil in my life. Without going into a big dissertation, I'll just include the link here to a home page my husband and I created describing our painful situation. I don't want to cry on anyone's shoulder, but I need help and I need work like yesterday. I'm always open to innovative ideas and helpful positive suggestions. Please visit the following site and send us a smile and some love and hugs. We sure could use it! Thanks and many blessings.

http://turning.2ya.com.

GhostUser 11-06-2003 04:21 PM

Hi earthwriter!

I certainly hope things work out for you. Best of wishes.

mountainvegan 11-06-2003 05:39 PM

Welcome earthwriter. Hope it all works out sooner rather than later.

carnelian 11-07-2003 01:02 AM

Hi, earthwriter! Glad to have you with us!

dvmarie 11-07-2003 02:03 AM

Hello Earthwriter, and welcome to Veggieboards!

That Alpaca Guy 11-07-2003 02:39 AM

G’day! Welcome to VB!

I’m sure you’ll work things out.

Kiz 11-07-2003 04:04 AM

Hi there!

Welcome to Veggieboards. I hear you about the employment thing, I sooo need work it's not funny, but where I live right now has close to the highest unemployment in this country. It's tough. Welcome anyway, stay a while and have a good time.

Skylark 11-07-2003 09:41 AM

Hey there Earthwriter! Sounds like you got the life of the writer there--looking for work, looking for a publisher, looking for a contract. Do you have a library near you that has the Writer´s Market guide? I bet you already know what the Writer´s Market is. However, if you don´t, it´s a collection of short descriptions of thousands of publishers and magazines along with their addresses and what they expect of submissions. It´s updated every year, so you shouldn´t settle for the edition from 1967. (Actually, I did see the edition of 1967 in a used book store in Barcelona.)

Other than that, all I can tell you to do is keep trying. As hard as it is, you may need to *gasp* find a non-writing related job and look for a writing job while working the other job to pay the bills. I know, it hurts.

Skylark 11-07-2003 09:47 AM

Hehehe... ok, now that I´ve read your story on your website, let me modify the last thing I said in my other post. Sounds like looking for a non-writing-related job is trickier for you than for me. I´m trying to think of workplaces that have reputations for being anti-hairspray, anti-perfume, and the only ones I can think of are nursing homes and other places like that. If strong-smelling cleaning chemicals do you in, too, then a nursing home probably would be a bad option even if you didn´t mind the work itself. I know, having worked in nursing homes myself, some of them have strong policies about what their employees can smell like since residents often have allergies.

1vegan 11-07-2003 10:15 AM

Hi earthwriter, welcome to VB

Nicky 11-07-2003 07:13 PM

Hi Earthwriter welcome!