Greetings from Spain ;) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-03-2008, 03:32 AM

Hi ya!

I'm writing from Alicante, in the Mediterranean coast in Spain. I´ve been reading you for a few months but I think It's time I wrote in the forum!

I´m 25 years old girl and I´m a teacher (currently working with disabled people but preparing my exam for getting a job in a public school). I´ve just come back from Scotland where I learnt English (Or at least I tried it in these 5 months). As a foreigner I must have made several grammar and spelling mistakes but I hope this matter won´t bother you... (I´m still studying to improve it)

I've been a vegetarian for 7 years and now I'm looking for vegetarian friends in order to share ideas, info, opinions... It´s not the easiest thing being veggie in Spain. While it is true that the Mediterranean diet is healthy and consist of vegetables, legumes, cereals and fruits it is also a fact that every dish has got at least a little bit of meat or fish We barely have veggie options in restaurants and I really fed up with people telling me I'm not healthy and all that rubbish.

Well I hope to write more frequently here, you're great!

See you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-03-2008, 07:48 AM
Veggie Regular

Bienvenida

Your English is fine, don't worry about it!

We have a Spanish thread here: https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/s...ad.php?t=78186 if you would like to come chat with us in your native tongue (and perhaps help us a little with our grammar and such!)

Hope you enjoy VB!
#3 Old 07-03-2008, 08:08 AM

Thank you very much Brandon! I'll visit this thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB and greetings to Spain!

I already saw your great post with lots of info (in Bell's thread about her experience of being vegan in Spain), and I hope to read more from you soon.

(Unfortunately we probably won't meet in the Spanish thread any time soon, as I must admit that I only remember a few words of Spanish and never really knew much more).

#5 Old 07-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Banned

and welcome , plenty of tips and info here .... so you have a slightly Spanish /Scottish accent to your English , that would be interesting
#6 Old 07-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Veggie Regular

Hola

Welcome to the boards. Your english is just fine, don't worry about it. English isn't my first language either and I get by.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts on here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page