Hello from Connecticut - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-09-2008, 09:29 AM

Hello everyone. My name is Joanna. I am a 35 year old photographer and mother of two children, ages 9 and 5. I am also mom to two rescue kitties, a brother and sister who had to be adopted together. Best decision I ever made.

I am new to this whole thing so I am hoping to find the support and information I need to help make this an easy transition for me. I have been going back and forth for quite some time. My 9 year old has Celiac disease and is already on an extremely restrictive diet and I think that was part of what held me back a little.

I have been gradually cutting meat out of my diet over the last year and had cut down to about once a week and remained there for some time. I watched the meet your meat video and that gave me the final nudge I needed to go all the way. My 5 year old daughter has decided to join me. (my children attend Montessori school and already have a good understanding of Earth's creatures and how they are our friends and you should never hurt them...etc). I will encourage her but not force at this age. My older child is already vegetarian. My husband is not quite on board yet but I am hoping he will join me.

I look forward to getting to know all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Veggie Regular

welcome to VB, joanna.

you know you're required to post pictures of the animals in your life.
#3 Old 06-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Beginner

Hi Joanna!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi Joanna.

Welcome to VB and to the Veg lifestyle. This is definitely the right place to find support. You'll find quite a few members here with Celia's or a gluten intolerance, so hopefully you'll be able to get some ideas for coping and some recipes from them!

http://bringingyouohm.wordpress.com/

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavanto

'May everyone everywhere be happy
May the whole world be joyous'
#5 Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Nice to meet you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page