VeggieBoards banner

Who Are You? (Old School VBers)

46K views 272 replies 123 participants last post by  Kenickie 
#1 ·
This is a thread for the Old School VBers (those who have been around and acually post) to introduce themselves again. This way the newbies will have a better idea of who the regulars are in these parts.

If you don't post, I may put an introduction up for you.

If you are a new member, please go ahead and start your own thread, so everyone can read your intro and welcome you to the board.

(Michael - can you sticky this post so it stays at the top?)

See less See more
#27 ·
I suppose I qualify as old school, seeing as I can barely remember the time when I wasn't a part of VB. What, don't tell me that was only a year and half ago!!!

Name: Ain't it obvious? The lark of the sky.

Marital Status: I prefer to consider myself single but not available.

Children: Where?! Do they want hugs? I'm all about it!

Occupation: Right now I am employed at a small grocery store and at the writing tutoring lab at my college. I hope to get out of the food-selling business ASAP.

Education: Currently in my third year of undergraduate study. I'm aiming for a BA in journalism and a minor in Spanish within a year and a half.

Veg*n Qualifications: I've been a vegetarian for close to three years (and I haven't died yet, HA GRANDMA!), and I've tried going vegan twice. So far it has yet to "stick".

Old Timer's Reqs: I wasn't part of VS, VO, or even VB1. However, I was one of the first newbies to join with VB2.

Hobbies: VB posting, going on service trips, yakking in Spanish with my buds, investigating communication phenomena, writing for my college's student newspaper, trying to motivate my church's young adult group to do ANYTHING, debating, singing, avoiding writing at all costs because I both love it and hate it, and procrastinating.

Turn Ons: a particular hot dude at my college... track and cross country runner, Bible&Theology major, luscious curly brown hair, invigorating blue-gray eyes, and when you see his legs in those running shorts you can tell why he's a great cross country runner. He's also a good sport, a neccessity for when I trounced him at Euchre many times last week.

Turn Offs: I don't exclude friends who have/think these, but I won't ever date or marry someone who: is an atheist, pagan, Buddhist, etc (anything except a Christian) or has bad breath, poor hygiene in general, bad teeth, really bad hair, dumbness, legalism, etc. I was just rambling there... don't anyone get offended.

Fantasy: Going to Barcelona, Spain, becoming fluent in Spanish, getting an MA and Ph.D in communications, teaching journalism in a college or university, marrying, having children, homeschooling children, hiking the Appalachian Trail, riding my bicycle coast-to-coast, going on the mission field... wow, I have a lot of fantasies.

#33 ·
Ok, here goes. My name is Robert, 38 yrs old.

I had no real interest in veg* at all and thought all veg* were AR whackos because of the various actions by PeTA. Then Michael, whom I have known for a long time, asked me to look in on this new VB2 board while he was going away.

It took all of 2 days to lose the misconceptions I had via the interaction with people such as Tame, Avalon and Teri and, of course, there's always the DF incident
I've since learned a whole lot here.

I guess I'm one of the local sh&t disturbers and enjoy a good dissenting opinion.

Stick around and feel free to slam me at any time

#37 ·
Bank - any frequent posters who no longer have intros available are "old school".

Michael - yep. Time to do the dirty on these folks. Damn. I have a Grudge Match to complete also. Well hell, who says the family needs quality time this week?

#38 ·
oh i just found this thread today, i swear.

22, vegan 2 years this june, live in Ontario with my boyfriend of 6 years, roommate and cat who is currently purring on my lap watching me type.

let's see ummm i found VB like the day it switched over to the new site, i wasn't with any of the other sites everyone mentions, i just kinda found this one by fluke somehow.

currently unemployed. again. *grumble*

and hobbies are umm well i really have no life. i read, watch a lot of tv, play computer games and surf the net, but i occasionally go for long walks when it's warm out and hope to do a lot of that this year since where we now live has a gorgeous scenic river populated by geese, swans and various other birds

as far as beliefs go, feel free to call me a new age treehugger wacko

oh yeah, and i'm trying to start a magazine with a friend, about animal welfare and humane living.

#39 ·
Well, VeganKat assures me that I'm 'old skool' enough. (*sob*... and I always thought I was 'nu-wave'
)

My name is Stephen, I'm 20 years old, I live in the UK and I study Sociology at University. Fun fun funnnn!

I've been vegetarian for about 3/4 years, and vegan since last Summer-ish.

I like listening to music (anything from Beethoven to the Smashing Pumpkins.. and I.. err.. kinda have a soft spot for Prince), playing the guitar/piano, watching anime, sci-fi and horror movies, reading (Kerouac, Rushdie and J G Ballard are probably my favourite authors) and talking to the most wonderful girl in the world... who just so happens to be a VB member as well!

#44 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by aarealskei

You know, Tame...though one part of me says "run!", the other part of me (the not so sane part) is a bit intrigued by you...hmmm, I wonder if this is truly a sign of total and complete madness??
Ah, you are suffering the fate of most females. As with all others, you will overcome your fear and become truly enamored by the Tame One.

#47 ·
Hi! I'm Fenguin, but back at VO my username was Marumm the Black.

I've been vegetarian for 3+ years for ethical reasons, and am currently studying Computer Information Systems at the Phoenix DeVry campus. I've got a serious girlfriend who is also a cute little vegetarian, and at some point in my life I would like to own a trampoline.

#51 ·
if the gazumper is old school i'm almost old school. right? am i allowed to post nonsensical nonsense in this thread. tough luck i am even though yeah, i'm not cool enough to be reallllll old school. so be kind. and nice. and such.

i'll swipe kreeli's list too...

name: j funk

marital status: definitely not single. i have a hot climber man by my side for many years to come. ohh he makes me happy. like, flowers in my hair happy.

children: hell no.

education: i'll have my degree soon, after my ass gets beat a little more.

veg*n qualifications: been vegan eh, 5 plus years

hobbies: biking, hiking, backpacking, kayaking (preferably sea, some whitewater), drawing, sex is nice too, working out, cooking damn good food, yoga, writing, being sarcastic.

turn ons: my boyfriend is the essence of turn ons so i can't complain.

turn offs: typical american consumerism and convience, overconsumption, lack of justice, alcohol

fantasy: for my head only. i might get in trouble here.

that suck. where did my imagination go? that was so unexciting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.