Just popping in for a visit.

MEATLESS! OMG! How ARE you?

*this space not for sale*
#243 Old 06-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatless View Post

Just popping in for a visit.

nice to see you back. you've been missed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#244 Old 06-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm pretty good. Veganer than ever, which should irritate some people. How are you?
#245 Old 06-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

MEATLESS! Yay! I'm happy to see you too! We've all missed you!
#246 Old 07-09-2008, 02:40 PM

I am from Illinois too, the Moline, Rock Island area.
#247 Old 08-21-2008, 08:58 PM
Banned

I'm bretly, I'm vegan since 1986, veggie a few years before that. I live in England, I've been married to an omni man for twelve years. We live in the countryside and have several acres of grass that I'm turning into a wildlife friendly place. I used to be very AR, but I grew old and couldn't run fast enough any more. I never was confrontational though, I'm far too devious for that. I've been around here since VO got tired of the fights between veg*ns and omnis, but I rather enjoyed most of the debates and found they hugely strengthened my resolve as to why I'm vegan. And some of those omnis really helped me out with their knowledge of wild animals, like when I was trying to rear some motherless pheasants. I like hearing the veg*n gossip on here, and meeting loads of foreigners on the board. And then there's the flirting and the joking. It's not all dead serious. And Tame is my main man

================================================== ====

davison

Wyoming Drug Treatment
#248 Old 08-22-2008, 01:43 PM

I've never posted on this style of board...but I'll get this. Hi, I'm new here though I've been a vegetarian for 20 years. Because I also cannot eat nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, all sweet peppers from chili to paprika to bell and eggplant) I have kept to being an octo-lovo vegetarian. My husband was a vegetarian for 18 years and due to stress and depression he went back to eating meat. Maybe you folks might understand how horrible this was for me. We started being vegetarians to not support the big companies that actually torture animals for food. I've allowed him to eat fish in front of me if we go out to eat but if he wants to eat meat, I won't go. Also, no meat in the house. Two days ago I saw a frozen shrimp thing in the freezer. I was ticked off something fierce. My hope had been to finally have no meat what so ever in my refrigerator. I spent 16 years caring for my mom who loved the vegetarian foods. But, the family would come for the holidays and always insist on a Turkey. Now, Mike has me in the situation of my dream dying. I love animals! I was so relieved when I became a vegetarion, not knowing that I'd feel that way. I only ate chickens, cows, pigs and turkeys. I can't stand the smell of any fish (don't I just love it everytime he orders his seafood dishes...not!) and wouldn't eat a lamb or duck much less anything else. I think I was born to be a vegetarian and just didn't know it. So, for that, I have Mike to thank. No one believed it but it was his idea. Long story.

So as not to bore you all anymore I'll stop here.

Jane AKA Lorax3
#249 Old 10-10-2008, 11:24 PM
Banned

Name: Priya Sharma

Marital status: Single

Education: graduate and diploma holder

Hobbies: reading, writing, drawing, cooking

Turn ons: people with open minds

Turn offs: people unwilling to think outside the box

Fantasy: spending more time with my family

Priya

__________________________________________________ ______________

Houston virtual florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone
#250 Old 03-22-2009, 07:23 PM

Hi, I'm nikki and sixteen years of age!!! Looking for new friends for support.

I was a vegaterian for about 7 months straight I

did well, I have strong morals towards it but sadly

and ashamed that i can't control that hungry for meat

when I'm around it. I need some support!!!
#251 Old 03-22-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Nikki, welcome to the Veggieboards! There are a TON of people here who love being a vegetarian/vegan, search around, there are a ton of threads that will probably interest you.
#252 Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM

Thank you very much for the welcoming danakscully64, I found a few great threads.
#253 Old 03-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirodriguez View Post

Thank you very much for the welcoming danakscully64, I found a few great threads.

Post away... just a warning, this place is addicting See my post count? I'm sucked in everyday of my life...
#254 Old 03-22-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Post away... just a warning, this place is addicting See my post count? I'm sucked in everyday of my life...

Ha ha, thanks for warning. I hope to enjoy it has much as you. It will be Nice too see you around.
#255 Old 03-22-2009, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkirodriguez View Post

Ha ha, thanks for warning. I hope to enjoy it has much as you. It will be Nice too see you around.

I'm around, you'll see me
#256 Old 03-23-2009, 08:30 AM

I have been a vegetarian for over 30 years. I'm kind of retired but not quite. Lots of education, almost Ph.D in Comparative Literature but never completed dissertation. Background is in teaching. Would like to communicate with vegetarians who also share spiritual values. I am a practitioner of Zen Buddhism and am as serious about that as I am about vegetarianism. Would like to hear form similarly minded people whatever age and wherever you are.
#257 Old 03-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Hi George! I suggest creating a thread in the Veggie Patch (off topic) about Zen Buddhism. You could even use the search feature to see if threads have already been started. I'm sure you'll find a few people who share your beliefs
#258 Old 03-23-2009, 09:17 AM

Another Buddhist??!! Tell me more!
#259 Old 03-26-2009, 10:57 AM

Hello,

My name is Joey, and I am from the suburbs of Chicago. I have been a lurker of this site for awhile, but I just decided to join. I have been vegan for around 8 months.
#260 Old 04-11-2009, 12:14 PM

I'm Lucy. I am a single 44 year old school teacher. I live in Connecticut. I have had some major life changes in the last year, which I will not go into completely. One of my big changes was a decision in February, 2008, not to eat meat anymore. I am not technically a vegetarian because I will occasionally eat fish. At least they are free, if not farmed, until they are caught. I haven't had fish in a few months, but I do take fish supplements. They are running out and I will replace them with flax seed oil. I am working towards becoming a vegan, but I am a little nervous that I will further shut myself off from society. I am doing this mainly for ethical reasons regarding the sickening practices of slaughterhouses, but also to help lesson the burdens of our planet. I sometimes feel isolated from others because of my choices. I do not want to turn people around me off by being too strict. I would like to be a positive model for change without becoming freakish. I also want to eat a healthy diet and feel that this is the best way towards good health in body, mind and spirit. When I shop now, I do not buy anything with animal products. I am using up the rest of my honey. I guess my main concern is to be able to maintain balance in my life.
#261 Old 04-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary View Post

Old School

\t

Anything that is from an earlier era and looked upon with high regard or respect. Can be used to refer to music, clothing, language, or anything really.

I keep seeing new members posting intro's here. This thread's more for former members who've returned after a hiatus. It makes me sad when people put their intro here and not the Introduce Yourself area (located here https://www.veggieboards.com/boards/f...splay.php?f=21 ) . You would get a much warmer welcome and your posts would be much more widely viewed there.

That being said, welcome to those who've just joined.
#262 Old 04-11-2009, 01:40 PM

I'm sorry I posted here. I realized after, that there are two separate posting areas for introductions. I was going to re post in the new area, but I figured this might cause a problem with double posting. I'm new at this.
#263 Old 06-20-2009, 08:56 AM

Hi all! I am rudie,35-vegetarian since 2000. Figured might as well start that mug off right(damn that food is soooooo good!) we only live in the aughts every so often. I don't speak computer so well so please bear with me if i double post i truly am sorry please no whippings. I have decided i will read blogs but i do not blog or tweet or im(embracing as much as i can and trying not to get dumped off the back of the technology age)after all i just got my first cell phone 2 mos. ago! I had to move to Montana to become a vegetarian???? Though i am visiting my family in Delaware for the summer! I am single, girls love to flirt with my beard, but i'm not so sure they love the beard....no matter i do. Some of my passions are bicycles in all their glorious forms, international futbol(and all that goes with), community, being in nature and obviously cooking and enjoying vegan and vegetarian food with friends and family! Alright, alright time to wrap this biddy up....i do have a secret though.....I LOVE THE BACKYARDIGANS......DUHN, DUHN, DUHNNNN!! HAHAHAHAHA....That show slays me. Well i'm looking forward to being an active member of Veggie Boards and communicating with you all over time. Thanks for being here! Questions? Comments! get at me....

LOVE,

rudie
#264 Old 07-04-2009, 02:30 PM

Hi, I'm Silda. I live in Albuquerque, NM, USA. I am interested in advocating for vegetarian options at school. I'd like to hear about vegetarian gatherings around the world or the USA. This is my first post, just joined.
#265 Old 07-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Hi nicabq, welcome to the forum! Check the place out, lots to read here And you'll also get a big friendly hello if you post a new thread in the Introduction section
#266 Old 07-28-2009, 06:59 PM

Hi I'm Ming-Wai, I'm 21 and live in the UK.

Personality wise people tend to say I'm funny (laugh at me more than with me type of way. I think they mean), sarcastic (sometimes it can get a bit much apparently, so don't be offened if it pops up), more of a listerner than a main talker (so possibly boring, unless it's a subject that I can really contribute to).

I have 2 sisters (one older) 1 brother (youngest) and my mutt Bruno(1yr and 2months, with a typical boxer name).

I became a vegetarian in July 2008, Vegan in August 2008 after watching a video I came across on PETAs website (meet your meat).

I joined VB because whilst I was reading some threads I found them very interesting and fun to read. But most of all really helpful on veg*n issuses, as there is no one around me I can talk to about them, without some irrelavant comment coming my way.

I'm just glad I finally found this site.

Sorry for the over share.

PEACE
#267 Old 07-31-2009, 12:53 PM

Hello there, everyone!

My name is Valeria Larissa and I just recently returned to VB and have become a contributing member. I have been a vegan for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the lifestyle choice I made. Prior to this past year of being vegan I was a vegetarian since birth. I've never enjoyed eating meat, eggs, but cheese...well, let's just say I have had a love affair with it for many, many years. LOL. However, since becoming a vegan I haven't had any urges to return to vegetarianism and in fact have enjoyed a lot of raw foods, more so than ever before.

I am married to a wonderful man who is supportive and loves me unconditionally for who I am. He and I are complete opposites though...and when I say complete, I mean it in every sense of the word. He is an omnivore but occasionally I treat him to a vegan meal and/or snack here and there. I'm not sure that I could ever convert him...but I will never back down from trying (of course, in a very loving way...hehehe).

I am currently working on obtaining a graduate degree from the University of Phoenix - online. I am pursuing a masters of clinical psychology. My husband was also a student at the University of Phoenix - online and just this past week has graduated with his Bachelors of Science degree in Information Technology.

The reason for returning to VB is to learn from others as I walk through life as a vegan. I want to make new friends and offer support and kindness whenever given the chance. I love life and all living beings and look forward to meeting all of you! I may show as being online for the majority of the day and night because, quite frankly, I am always online studying. I am also a full-time nanny of 4 young children.

I look forward to your replies and keeping you as friends in this grand journey of life.

Peace and Hugs,

Valeria Larissa
#268 Old 08-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Veggie Regular

Am I Old school yet?
#269 Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Alpaca Guy View Post

Am I Old school yet?

Sorry, you've got about 10 more years to go.

#270 Old 08-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

Sorry, you've got about 10 more years to go.

Even I have only been on VB for approaching eight years!

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page