Forum Jump: 

#31 Old 03-13-2003, 09:58 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not "old school", so I ought to be safe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 Old 03-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Banned

You are old school! Introduce yourself, damn it!
#33 Old 03-13-2003, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Ok, here goes. My name is Robert, 38 yrs old.

I had no real interest in veg* at all and thought all veg* were AR whackos because of the various actions by PeTA. Then Michael, whom I have known for a long time, asked me to look in on this new VB2 board while he was going away.

It took all of 2 days to lose the misconceptions I had via the interaction with people such as Tame, Avalon and Teri and, of course, there's always the DF incident I've since learned a whole lot here.

I guess I'm one of the local sh&t disturbers and enjoy a good dissenting opinion.

Stick around and feel free to slam me at any time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#34 Old 03-13-2003, 10:19 PM
Veggie Regular

yeah i know, i should have held out so tame would do one for me
#35 Old 03-31-2003, 07:31 AM
Administrator

2 weeks with no replies - sounds like someone needs to put their creative talents to good use.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#36 Old 03-31-2003, 12:34 PM

Well I certainly can't be considered old school; I've only been dropping by for 6 mos or so . . .
#37 Old 03-31-2003, 03:31 PM
Banned

Bank - any frequent posters who no longer have intros available are "old school".

Michael - yep. Time to do the dirty on these folks. Damn. I have a Grudge Match to complete also. Well hell, who says the family needs quality time this week?
#38 Old 03-31-2003, 03:36 PM
Veggie Regular

oh i just found this thread today, i swear.

22, vegan 2 years this june, live in Ontario with my boyfriend of 6 years, roommate and cat who is currently purring on my lap watching me type.

let's see ummm i found VB like the day it switched over to the new site, i wasn't with any of the other sites everyone mentions, i just kinda found this one by fluke somehow.

currently unemployed. again. *grumble*

and hobbies are umm well i really have no life. i read, watch a lot of tv, play computer games and surf the net, but i occasionally go for long walks when it's warm out and hope to do a lot of that this year since where we now live has a gorgeous scenic river populated by geese, swans and various other birds

as far as beliefs go, feel free to call me a new age treehugger wacko

oh yeah, and i'm trying to start a magazine with a friend, about animal welfare and humane living.

I'm singin' here to get rid of fear
Hope it disappears right here with the rain
But I know life is pain, not like a fairytale
Meaningless to pray, so just goin' on my way
~Miyavi "Torture"
#39 Old 04-06-2003, 01:16 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, VeganKat assures me that I'm 'old skool' enough. (*sob*... and I always thought I was 'nu-wave')

My name is Stephen, I'm 20 years old, I live in the UK and I study Sociology at University. Fun fun funnnn!

I've been vegetarian for about 3/4 years, and vegan since last Summer-ish.

I like listening to music (anything from Beethoven to the Smashing Pumpkins.. and I.. err.. kinda have a soft spot for Prince), playing the guitar/piano, watching anime, sci-fi and horror movies, reading (Kerouac, Rushdie and J G Ballard are probably my favourite authors) and talking to the most wonderful girl in the world... who just so happens to be a VB member as well!
#40 Old 04-07-2003, 01:02 AM
Veggie Regular

You know, Tame...though one part of me says "run!", the other part of me (the not so sane part) is a bit intrigued by you...hmmm, I wonder if this is truly a sign of total and complete madness??
#41 Old 04-07-2003, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Always go with your first instinct.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#42 Old 04-07-2003, 10:38 PM
Veggie Regular

But did she list those reactions in the order that they occured to her? We can never know which came first....

Q: How many poets does it take to change a light bulb? A: 1001...one to change the bulb, 1000 to say it's already been done.
#43 Old 04-07-2003, 10:45 PM
Veggie Regular

lol
#44 Old 04-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by aarealskei

You know, Tame...though one part of me says "run!", the other part of me (the not so sane part) is a bit intrigued by you...hmmm, I wonder if this is truly a sign of total and complete madness??

Ah, you are suffering the fate of most females. As with all others, you will overcome your fear and become truly enamored by the Tame One.
#45 Old 04-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm sure that I'm suffering from something...but what, I have no clue. Again...I can't stress the word "insane" enough...

Oh, and Tame...if you are all that you claim to be, then this is for you....
#46 Old 04-08-2003, 12:06 AM
Banned

And one back atcha -

And yes, I am all that, with the bag of chips.
#47 Old 04-08-2003, 07:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi! I'm Fenguin, but back at VO my username was Marumm the Black.

I've been vegetarian for 3+ years for ethical reasons, and am currently studying Computer Information Systems at the Phoenix DeVry campus. I've got a serious girlfriend who is also a cute little vegetarian, and at some point in my life I would like to own a trampoline.
#48 Old 04-08-2003, 07:15 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Fenguin

Hi! I'm Fenguin, but back at VO my username was Marumm the Black.

WTF ! Marumm the Black
#49 Old 04-08-2003, 07:18 AM
Veggie Regular

So where / who is this guy?

Marumm

I have eat blood and drink some death, this is my virtue

Location Kaustinen Finland

Interests Black Metal

Occupation Black Metal singer in my group Syrpentor

What has happened to Marco??

The plot thickens...
#50 Old 04-08-2003, 07:34 AM

hey guys whats going on in this th

ps hi teri
#51 Old 04-08-2003, 11:21 AM
Banned

if the gazumper is old school i'm almost old school. right? am i allowed to post nonsensical nonsense in this thread. tough luck i am even though yeah, i'm not cool enough to be reallllll old school. so be kind. and nice. and such.

i'll swipe kreeli's list too...

name: j funk

marital status: definitely not single. i have a hot climber man by my side for many years to come. ohh he makes me happy. like, flowers in my hair happy.

children: hell no.

education: i'll have my degree soon, after my ass gets beat a little more.

veg*n qualifications: been vegan eh, 5 plus years

hobbies: biking, hiking, backpacking, kayaking (preferably sea, some whitewater), drawing, sex is nice too, working out, cooking damn good food, yoga, writing, being sarcastic.

turn ons: my boyfriend is the essence of turn ons so i can't complain.

turn offs: typical american consumerism and convience, overconsumption, lack of justice, alcohol

fantasy: for my head only. i might get in trouble here.

that suck. where did my imagination go? that was so unexciting.
#52 Old 04-08-2003, 11:54 AM

Since Funkmeister posted, I'm justified!

Not really old school 'cause I joined just this past November. But, I am in the top ten posters, so I probably should write a little sumpthin' since most of you's will be seeing my name quite a bit.

It all started the beginning of August 2002. I went to the County Fair. The day that changed my life...I saw 2 mommy pigs with their baby piglets. Oh so cute! I fell in love with them. One of the farmer dudes let me hold a piglet and I simply feel in love and wanted to take it home. Well, I get to work the next day and started looking for piglet wallpaper. That's when I happened across www.farmsanctuary.com.

Now, I've always been an animal lover. Just somehow never made the connection (guess I still had the blindfold on) from animal to slaughter to grocery store, etc.. The more I read and researched that day the more my heart ached. It was like a light bulb went off in my head. I knew I had to make a difference and it would begin with me. So, that day I went home and announce to my boyfriend that I'm a vegetarian.

I continued to read up on everything I could get my hands on. It seemed like I couldn't get enough information. At that point I was still eating cheese, yogurt, and sour cream. And I was still wearing my leather jacket.

The next turning point came in January of this year. I discovered where the junk comes from that's in cheese...it's not just milk (in all my readings that was the one thing that I didn't know). So, more research. I became vegan in the middle of January 2003. Gave away all my leather purses, shoes, belts, coats, etc to the Women's Shelter. Went through all my makeup, lotions, hair junk, etc and threw out all products that didn't agree with me anymore.

So, even though it feels like forever, this is still a fairly new road for me. Keep that in mind while reading my posts. And please feel free to guide me if I'm misinformed or if you have anything to share that may help me expand my horizons

VB is a wonderful place. Without it I wouldn't have learned a quarter of what I now know. And most everyone here is respectful and patient. Two thumbs up!
#53 Old 04-08-2003, 03:04 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Marumm

hey guys whats going on in this th

ps hi teri

Marumm. You have no idea how much I'm pining for your blackness
#54 Old 04-08-2003, 05:22 PM
Banned

For the record, if you consider yourself old school, you are. If someone else considers you old school, you are.

I put this up so that newbies would have some info about active posters.
#55 Old 04-10-2003, 04:29 PM
Veggie Regular

personally i think i should put my life savings into making Veggieboards trading cards.
#56 Old 04-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Banned

Yeah, but how many cards can you make for $2.32 ?

And we all know the Tame card would be the collectors' item!
#57 Old 04-13-2003, 01:50 PM
Veggie Regular

How much for the original Tame card??
#58 Old 04-13-2003, 02:44 PM
Veggie Regular

There's already a reserve on that one
#59 Old 04-13-2003, 07:35 PM
Veggie Regular

Well, since I see people who joined around the same time as me posting here, I guess I'll post too. Lets see...

I'm Liz, vegetarian for about 6 months. I'm a first grade teacher. I love the beach. My hobbies include reading, writing, playing volleyball, white water rafting, spending time w/my friends & family & of course, spending time w/my wonderful boyfriend I'm also pretty into country music (yeah, I know, some of you are laughing, but thats okay.
#60 Old 04-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Hey i'm steve, i've been vegetarian for about 9 months. i'm 13 years old, and i have no interest in animal rights, etc. i miss the old vegweb, but this is pretty cool toO!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page