VeggieBoards banner

Who Are You? (Old School VBers)

46K views 272 replies 123 participants last post by  Kenickie 
#1 ·
This is a thread for the Old School VBers (those who have been around and acually post) to introduce themselves again. This way the newbies will have a better idea of who the regulars are in these parts.

If you don't post, I may put an introduction up for you.

If you are a new member, please go ahead and start your own thread, so everyone can read your intro and welcome you to the board.

(Michael - can you sticky this post so it stays at the top?)

See less See more
#227 ·
I don't know if I count since I've been gone for so long. I signed up in 2002 and left in 2004. I don't remember what my email was back then so I can't delete it. I was "Herself" as in that cute little 80's cartoon "Herself the Elf". I've been through so much since then and grown quite a bit. I recognize a lot of you guys. It's good to be back!

#231 ·
Hi, I'm back.

You might have noticed my sudden disappearance a couple of months ago. I've never found out the reason why, but I think it has something to do with our own system. Last week I tried to open threads and it didn't, now it does again - magic?

You might contact me by email or PM, as PM worked even as I couldn't open threads.

If I'm offline because of travels, I'll let you know. I'll be in Boston to attend to the ACR Congress 11/06-11/11.

CU, Lothar

#233 ·
hello,I'm Andrea,I'm 20 and I'm a Italian aupair,I live near London,vegetarian for 5 years,i'm trying to become vegan,but living in a family who's not mine it's hard...i studied in an art school,so i love to paint and to drow,i love to read as well,i can't think my life without books,I have 3 cats and a dog in Italy and i miss them sooooo much!!i'm looking forward to have a proper job and a home for take them here with me,i'm looking for new friends because i haven't here and sometimes i feel alone..bye

#247 ·
I'm bretly, I'm vegan since 1986, veggie a few years before that. I live in England, I've been married to an omni man for twelve years. We live in the countryside and have several acres of grass that I'm turning into a wildlife friendly place. I used to be very AR, but I grew old and couldn't run fast enough any more. I never was confrontational though, I'm far too devious for that. I've been around here since VO got tired of the fights between veg*ns and omnis, but I rather enjoyed most of the debates and found they hugely strengthened my resolve as to why I'm vegan. And some of those omnis really helped me out with their knowledge of wild animals, like when I was trying to rear some motherless pheasants. I like hearing the veg*n gossip on here, and meeting loads of foreigners on the board. And then there's the flirting and the joking. It's not all dead serious. And Tame is my main man

================================================== ====

davison

Wyoming Drug Treatment

#248 ·
I've never posted on this style of board...but I'll get this. Hi, I'm new here though I've been a vegetarian for 20 years. Because I also cannot eat nightshades (tomatoes, potatoes, all sweet peppers from chili to paprika to bell and eggplant) I have kept to being an octo-lovo vegetarian. My husband was a vegetarian for 18 years and due to stress and depression he went back to eating meat. Maybe you folks might understand how horrible this was for me. We started being vegetarians to not support the big companies that actually torture animals for food. I've allowed him to eat fish in front of me if we go out to eat but if he wants to eat meat, I won't go. Also, no meat in the house. Two days ago I saw a frozen shrimp thing in the freezer. I was ticked off something fierce. My hope had been to finally have no meat what so ever in my refrigerator. I spent 16 years caring for my mom who loved the vegetarian foods. But, the family would come for the holidays and always insist on a Turkey. Now, Mike has me in the situation of my dream dying. I love animals! I was so relieved when I became a vegetarion, not knowing that I'd feel that way. I only ate chickens, cows, pigs and turkeys. I can't stand the smell of any fish (don't I just love it everytime he orders his seafood dishes...not!) and wouldn't eat a lamb or duck much less anything else. I think I was born to be a vegetarian and just didn't know it. So, for that, I have Mike to thank. No one believed it but it was his idea. Long story.

So as not to bore you all anymore I'll stop here.

Jane AKA Lorax3

#249 ·
Name: Priya Sharma

Marital status: Single

Education: graduate and diploma holder

Hobbies: reading, writing, drawing, cooking

Turn ons: people with open minds

Turn offs: people unwilling to think outside the box

Fantasy: spending more time with my family

Priya

__________________________________________________ ______________

Houston virtual florist loans with no credit check pisos vilafranca ringtones for the iPhone

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.