New and need info - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-06-2008, 04:34 PM

Hello and thx for having me.

I recently heard about the Rave Diet as being low sugar, low fat, least carcinogenic diet...so, as my yearly labs were coming up, I went on it.

I am an 8 yr early detection stage 1 breast cancer survivor (no soy - estrogen pos.), have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, stenosis, degenerative joint, had complete hysto due to fibroids (B9), familial high sugar and cholesterol - not diabetic. My labs came back with sugar, chol, etc. in normal range... my potassium, however, was out of whack. Just got STIM tested for Addison's. Don't have it. I am still testing. In the meantime, I have to eat low potassium. Most of the items I was eating on the plant/grain diet are high...so, I have a list of low potassium foods...however, it doesn't tell me how to eat no meat, dairy, sugar, refined white products, chocolate (!) and have enough protein, etc. to be well-balanced. Input? Links? Thx.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Veggie Regular

I don't have any advice diet wise but I wanted to et you know that there is a thread about fibromyalgia in the general health forum. Several people on here have it as well.
#3 Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi!!

I highly recommend reading The China Study by T Colin Campbell and either A Challenging Second Opinion or The McDougall Program for Women by Dr John McDougall (or any of his other books, too). All have sound medical and nutritional advice that are relevant to cancer and many of the other conditions you mention. The China Study is the largest, most comprehensive study ever done into the connection between diet and disease and the conclusion was overwhelming - a lowfat whole foods plant-based diet is the most cancer preventative (and stopping) of anything, and it sounds as if you already know a lot of that. All the principles and tons of useful information about the McDougall Program (which is a good version of a lowfat whole foods plant-based diet) is free on the

McDougall website. Very comprehensive and very detailed about the causes of a host of diseases, nutrition, and what to eat/not to eat and why.

McD on fatigue

McD on hormone dependent diseases (e.g. fibroids)

McD on breast cancer - many different articles, complete with references

Have a look also at some individual people who have adopted a lowfat whole food plant-based diet and recovered from various things:

Ruth Heidrich - breast cancer

Anneliese Moore - breast cancer

Ellen Jaffe Jones - breast cancer

Cheryl Lambert - fibromyalgia

I hope that you can have success like these people!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page