Hi from East Tennessee! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-08-2008, 01:24 PM

Hello everyone!

I'm in East Tennessee, vegetarian since mid 2004, flexetarian prior to that. I am a certified raw chef, author (FRUGAL RAW!), and an artist! I'm a busy gal!

I'm very happily married to a wonderful man who recently joined the Army to become a combat medic. We have a Pomeranian, a Chihuahua, and a kitty. I also have 3 grown kids from a previous marriage.

I've been very high raw since August of last year and have lost 72.9 pounds as of 4/2/08. (weighing in on wednesdays). My husband and I were both vegan prior to that. Now that he's in the military, he has to eat what he has available, but at home, he'll most likely be lacto-ovo veg/vegan once we're back with one another again. That'll be up to him.

I'm having trouble getting my pics to show up on here. They look like they're loaded in my profile, but maybe not on here...

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-08-2008, 01:31 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Wow. That's great about your weight loss! Was it difficult? It's always seemed like it would be super hard to stick to a raw food diet long-term, Veggies and fruits are awesome but what about other things? Did they require a lot of skill to make?

Oh, Welcome by the way!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animosity View Post

Wow. That's great about your weight loss! Was it difficult? It's always seemed like it would be super hard to stick to a raw food diet long-term, Veggies and fruits are awesome but what about other things? Did they require a lot of skill to make?

Oh, Welcome by the way!

Thanks for the welcome!

A raw diet consists of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, sprouted grains and some sprouted legumes!

It has only been mildly difficult, mostly in regard to eating out. The higher raw you go, the better you feel, and once you feel/look so much better, the motivation to stay raw is there. I've had a mild plateau here and there, and am currently experiencing a 33-day fasting/feasting time! I started out with 3 days of water only, now I am doing water and o.j. that I make in my blender ('cause I don't own a juicer), and on the afternoon of the 16th, I'll be starting into smoothies and green smoothies until the end of the month.

Raw recipes don't require much skill or prep time unless your are doing something gourmet or dehydrated like pizza or enchiladas. They also don't have to put you in the poorhouse.

One of my faves is a "refried bean" mixture made from sunny seeds rather than beans that's seasoned with traditional spices - then I roll that up into a collard leaf with chopped onion and tomato, drizzled with a pepper sauce! Sometimes I even make a raw sour cream to go with it! LOVE IT!!! I also make raw tacos wherein I make the "meat" more chopped than the smooth beans. Once you get into it, you soar in the kitchen! I have been amazed at how many copy cats I've come up with for my fave cooked foods.
#5 Old 04-08-2008, 02:05 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello from Chicago!

veganGO -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
forum for vegan activists.
#6 Old 04-08-2008, 02:10 PM

Hi back everyone! I think I'm going to like it here! Peeps seem pretty friendly!
#7 Old 04-08-2008, 04:28 PM

Welcome! Where did you become a certified Raw chef? Living Light? What did you think of the program?
#8 Old 04-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenrunner View Post

Welcome! Where did you become a certified Raw chef? Living Light? What did you think of the program?

Thanks for the welsome! I'm certified through Alissa Cohen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page