Orange County Vegan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-02-2007, 06:59 PM

Hey,

I'm a personal trainer and proud Vegan!

I became Vegan when I found out how much eating Vegan helps the planet and the environment.

My energy is through the roof since I became Vegan and my body has never looked better. I can't imagine ever turning back.

Glad to be hear!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Banned

Hi and welcome OCV
#3 Old 11-02-2007, 08:45 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

Where in OC are you? I'm way north of you in Santa Monica.

*this space not for sale*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-03-2007, 04:50 AM
Beginner

Hi and welcome
#5 Old 11-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!
#6 Old 11-03-2007, 04:32 PM

thanks everyone!!
#7 Old 11-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Hey Vegstrength

I'd love some "diet" advice - vegan style!

Donna
#8 Old 11-03-2007, 06:55 PM

Welcome
#9 Old 11-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome!

Blog: www.imarriedanomnivore.com
Twitter: @vegwife
#10 Old 11-06-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegstrength View Post

Hey,

I'm a personal trainer and proud Vegan!

I became Vegan when I found out how much eating Vegan helps the planet and the environment.

My energy is through the roof since I became Vegan and my body has never looked better. I can't imagine ever turning back.

Glad to be hear!!!

Welcome to the boards!!! I'd actually really love to talk to you since I'm hoping to at some part far in the future to get certified as a trainer. I fell off the wagon with my training for a while and went from 18%BF back up to 21%, and I gained 5 lbs. Bleh. I'm waiting on the new gym to open by my house (should be tomorrow THANK GOD) for me to start training again as I'm hoping to eventually be able to be in physique competitions. I usually weight train 6 days per week and do 30-45m cardio three times per week.

I may end up PMing you if you don't see this, but I'd love to know your stats (age, height, weight, etc) and a sample of what you typically eat in a day. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how much I should be eating now that I'm not an omni any more (and when I was veg during my teens I ate really really bad).

Anyhow I'll stop rambling, hope to hear from you!
#11 Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Cool! Welcome to VB!!

"May all that have life be delivered from suffering."
~ Buddha
#12 Old 11-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegreenmom View Post

Welcome to the boards!!! I'd actually really love to talk to you since I'm hoping to at some part far in the future to get certified as a trainer. I fell off the wagon with my training for a while and went from 18%BF back up to 21%, and I gained 5 lbs. Bleh. I'm waiting on the new gym to open by my house (should be tomorrow THANK GOD) for me to start training again as I'm hoping to eventually be able to be in physique competitions. I usually weight train 6 days per week and do 30-45m cardio three times per week.

I may end up PMing you if you don't see this, but I'd love to know your stats (age, height, weight, etc) and a sample of what you typically eat in a day. I'm having trouble figuring out exactly how much I should be eating now that I'm not an omni any more (and when I was veg during my teens I ate really really bad).

Anyhow I'll stop rambling, hope to hear from you!

Hey Veggreenmom!

When I went Vegan, my biggest concern was keeping my protein high and my carbs in check as to not gain weight.

As far as how much calories/food you need... it all depends on your height, weight, activity level, age etc.

I am in my late 30's and I'm currently 14 - 15% bodyfat. It took ALOT of work to get there. Nothing genetic about it... I eat every three hours, at least 1 gram per pound of body weight, a small amount of healthy fats with each meal, "clean" unprocessed carbs in limited amounts, as well as limited amounts of fruits. Everything is timed out and portioned, even the vegetables. I guess I don't want anyone to think it is EASY, but anyone can get to 14% bodyfat with alot of work!!!

Feel free to visit my website at www.ocfitnesspros.com to learn more about the Dietitian that got me into great shape!

Thanks, and yes, you can PM me as well

You can do it... it just takes alot of hard work!!!
#13 Old 12-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Veggie Regular

and

www.myspace.com/ocfitnesspros hello

ETA,

needs 'rebanding' or fine tuning or something, your site ? Seems atm, it is only rebounding.

This one that is www.ocfitnesspros.com
#14 Old 01-01-2008, 01:14 PM

Awesome! I was interested in checking out this page since I'm in L.A. and it's you Great to see you here. I just signed up today. Have a great new year! - Robert
#15 Old 01-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Veggie Regular

Well, bit on the uptake, it seems, but welcome to VeggieBoards. I just don't feel right if there's board on here without a dot on it. *Laughs* Hope you like it...Er, are liking it here!
#16 Old 01-05-2008, 01:47 PM

Thanks again everyone!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page