VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Even in Nebraska.... (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/60553-even-nebraska.html)

Loren-E 01-18-2007 12:37 AM

every once in a while one of us converts...

I'm 40 now, and switched over last year to help maintain my good health. I'm not a perfect vegetarian yet... still learning...but I'm pleased to find that I really don't miss flesh meat at all.

Peace,

Loren

Michael 01-18-2007 01:15 AM

Welcome!

Amy SF 01-18-2007 04:22 AM

Welcome to VB!

Rowan Morrison 01-18-2007 07:29 AM

Hi Loren-E!

I'm from Fremont (also lived in Omaha a few years) but moved to Philadelphia in 1983 to go to school. Where do you live? I still visit on occasion - my mom and sister live in Omaha. I was never veg while I lived in NE but soon converted when I moved to Philly. My sister and her husband just turned veg last fall (!!!!!!). My mom still can't believe it - TWO veggies in a family where the parents met while working in a meat packing plant (Hormels)??

If you live in Omaha or Lincoln, I bet you have a few choices....but anywhere else, I would think it would be very difficult! Good for you!!

Rowan

greenheart 01-18-2007 09:01 AM

Hello Loren Welcome!

Every little bit helps! Keep reading and learning. This board contains a wealth of information.

isowish 01-18-2007 10:53 AM

welcome to VeggieBoards!

VeggieFrank 01-18-2007 01:33 PM

hi, welcome

CountryDreamer 01-18-2007 08:19 PM

Welcome to VB Loren!

faymelevy 01-18-2007 09:46 PM

Hi, welcome Nebraska here too, capital city

Groovy chick 01-19-2007 02:29 AM

Welcome to the Veggie Boards!

GhostUser 01-20-2007 09:59 AM

Check out the nebraska forum, you're not the only one!

Loren-E 01-26-2007 05:44 PM

I did look at the Nebraska forum last week. Seems like nobody else posted since then, but that's ok. Someone mentioned the old vegetarian meetup.. I know the husband of the woman that opened that group. It was closed because nody wanted to pay meetupcom the monthly fee.. Anyway.

I'm in Omaha. I've lived here for 40 years not, except for a couple in Missouri and Florida. I've been toying with vegetarianism for about a decade actually, but just took the plunge last fall.

I think the thing that finally pused me over the edge was the news blurb about the FDA approving the use of viruses to kill the bacteria on meat. Using diseases to kill bacteria, makes a lot of sense doesn't it? Man, all of the nonsense that people go through just for a stupid cheeseburger.. Well, that was the last straw to me.

So now I just don't eat it anymore. I'm looking forward to good health and high energy levels without the fat and cholesterol. ;-)

peace,

Loren

Mr_Vegan 01-26-2007 06:18 PM

Hey, I live in Lincoln Nebraska right now. Glad to see a fellow Nebraskan here at the forums. Welcome with sincerity!!

bekajoi 01-26-2007 08:50 PM

I went veg when living in Omaha. There's a great little fast food vegan restaurant (last I knew, anyway) down on 13th Street, right by a coffee shop. It's off to the left, just before you hit the Old Market. (on the same street as that gas station~ wow it's been too long, I can't rembember names!! Cubbies?)

And if you end up in Louie M's Burger Lust, try Michelles' Garden Burger. It's awesome, and HUGE!!

kaikaiku 01-27-2007 12:23 AM

Here is a very interesting article titled "How a Gold Farm Works" and it's

gonna be very long.

Here is a most informative post in the thread:

-----BEGIN QUOTE-----

I guess I should mention, as I failed to in my last post, that I have been in

the process of dismantling my "business" since Christmas. You may wonder why I

do not just fold it up completely and immediately, but that lies in needing to

make sure that those I am responsible for, are taken care of. I expect to be

completely done within the month.

This is going to be long, but I'd like to explain what my business essentially

was, and my views on things in general and why what is currently going on is

quite serious for EQ. Not just for the plat sellers like I was, or just those

who rely on bazaar gears and trading to equip their character, but also those

at the raiding level. While it certainly impacts raiders the least, it does

eventually.

I started selling about 7 years ago. I started on my home server, amongst a

few other sellers. At the time EQ was EQ, no expansions, fairly new, and you

could sell 1,000 platinum for $500. I got into selling because of a GM at the

time who I spoke to on occasion who was selling platinum and other items from

places like mistmoore, guk, and solusek b. This was at a time a GM was an

unpaid volunteer player, and the kinks hadn't been worked out as far as the

EULA which forbid the buying and selling of intellectual property.

Link from: http://www.trade4game.com/html/news/23.htm

Loren-E 01-27-2007 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekajoi View Post

I went veg when living in Omaha. There's a great little fast food vegan restaurant (last I knew, anyway) down on 13th Street, right by a coffee shop. It's off to the left, just before you hit the Old Market. (on the same street as that gas station~ wow it's been too long, I can't rembember names!! Cubbies?)

And if you end up in Louie M's Burger Lust, try Michelles' Garden Burger. It's awesome, and HUGE!!

I'm not sure what the gold farm post has to do with this boards topic, but ok...

I've been buying bocaburgers. Hyvee hass them on sale for $2.50 about every 2nd or 3rd week. My hotdogs now come from morningstar farms ;-).

I know where you're referring toBeka..I don't think it's there anymore. IfImnot mistaken that intersection was torn up and rebuilt recently. Cubbies should still be there, but every thing else is new.

Loren