VeggieBoards banner

am i the only fruitarian?

4K views 48 replies 23 participants last post by  troub 
#1 ·
so i think i found the wrong forum board or w.e.....i don't see much for fruitarians or such....all for vegetarians and vegans or raw foodists...

does anyone know of a message board more for me?

#8 ·
haha hey, yeah i'll i'll probally stay around and chat some stuff up....but i'm kinda new to this whole fruitarian thing and was just lookin for someone to talk to about it.

a fruitarian is a person who lives off fruit, nuts, and seeds. some people include grains in their diet....but we don't eat anything cooked or living, so we don't eat vegetables either.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna View Post

Welcome to VB!

It's true, the raw food/fruitarian section of the board is quite slow. There's tons of other great stuff here, though. You should stick around!

One of the most of popular raw food forums is http://www.rawfoodtalk.com There are quite a few fruitarians on there, as well.
I would not promote that board to the OP, as per rawfoodtalk's new forum rules, no speciality diets, such as fruitarianism, 8/1/1, etc. are able to be discussed there without breaking TOS.

#13 ·
There ARE vegetables that are suitable in a fruitarian diet. A fruitarian diet does not mean one only eats fruit. It means they eat the fruits of plants, not the plants themselves. Cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes (if you consider them a veg) are all fruitarian-friendly, as they are the fruit of a plant, not the plant itself; and eating them doesn't kill the plant. You may want to do more research before you jump into this diet.

#20 ·
Thank you, it is a pain to sign on here, my password has problems and stuff and now I had it again and had to ger temp password and then again another one sent to me, whew

I only eat fruit , a raw fruitarian, I am not a raw vegan. I do not go on boards alot but I do , I would like to meet other fruitarians. They are all over the world but so few and far between and some of them are weirdos, lol

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

There ARE vegetables that are suitable in a fruitarian diet. A fruitarian diet does not mean one only eats fruit. It means they eat the fruits of plants, not the plants themselves. Cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes (if you consider them a veg) are all fruitarian-friendly, as they are the fruit of a plant, not the plant itself; and eating them doesn't kill the plant. You may want to do more research before you jump into this diet.
yes, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers can be eaten...anywayz...i've done more research about this than ppl believe.

what i mentioned was a just a quick explanation....theres ton more to it that that...

#22 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by OfCourseNot View Post

haha hey, yeah i'll i'll probally stay around and chat some stuff up....but i'm kinda new to this whole fruitarian thing and was just lookin for someone to talk to about it.

a fruitarian is a person who lives off fruit, nuts, and seeds. some people include grains in their diet....but we don't eat anything cooked or living, so we don't eat vegetables either.
(bolding mine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfCourseNot View Post

yes, tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers can be eaten...anywayz...i've done more research about this than ppl believe.

what i mentioned was a just a quick explanation....theres ton more to it that that...
I was responding to your "but we don't eat anything cooked or living, so we don't eat vegetables either."

I was telling you that fruitarians DO eat vegetables, so you may want to research a bit more into what fruitarianism is if you think you "can't."

#24 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by echowarrior View Post

pepers, tomatoes, avocados, etc. are the fruits of plants am I wrong JA?

I think the OP was giving a breif explaination quite suitably... peoples' common catogories are a rather different matter...
Ok, and she said "we don't eat vegetables, either". I am the one who explained what the "fruit" in "fruitarian" means. Thanks, though.

#26 ·
Not a challenge, just some questions. I just read www.fruitarian.com where it is said that fruitarians eat sprouts. I know this can turn into a "does life begin at conception" kind of argument, but aren't you now killing a plant (actually a bunch of 'em) for food?

What about vegetable plants that can be trimmed of greens for food, like chaya (tree spinach), and assorted other greens like chard, kale, lettuce, spinach, chives, most herbs - all without harming the plant or endangering the plant's life or longevity (in many case the life is extended by trimming).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.