For My Daughter! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 06-16-2006, 09:53 AM

I am the mother of a 12 year old vegeterian. She did this on he rown accord when she was 8 years old. The odd thing was that I had been a vegeterian during her pregnancy. Sorry to say, I fell off the wagon. However, I support her 100%. We have a plethora of meat analogies in the freezer, and make most of our dishes meat-less to make sure she can partake in the meals.

Many of our close friends and some family also have juumped on the band wagon and made sure that meals are friendly to her life style. She has been didligent in her being a Tree-hugger as she has been so fondly referred to as. At least she is a cute tree hugger.

So I come here as a parent who wants to support her child with recipes and information that can keep her up to date and on top of things in the veggie world. Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB, TrekLady!

You sound like a great mom. Besides recipes and support VB also has a Forum on Raising Vegetarian Children
#3 Old 06-16-2006, 11:05 AM

welcome to VB! your daughter is so lucky to have such a supportive mom!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the boards, how lucky your daughter is to have such a supportive mother, it's always good to see there are more parents out there who are openminded and supportive of their children's choices
#5 Old 06-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Veggie Regular

Wow! I love seeing supportive parents! It's great that you let your daughter be vegetarian!

Welcome to VB! You'll find lots of great recipes and support here! Have you checked out the Raising Vegetarian Children forum yet?

*this space not for sale*
#6 Old 06-16-2006, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Thank you for supporting your daughter! Welcome to VB!
#7 Old 06-16-2006, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

It's great to hear that you're so supportive. I went veg when I was 9 and I know it meant the world to me to have my family support me
#8 Old 06-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome, and it's nice to see such a supportive parent! I went vegetarian when I was 7 and it would have been impossible without my mother helping me

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page