VeggieBoards banner

New School VBers - Represent!

79K views 648 replies 439 participants last post by  lostingreen 
#1 ·
Okay, all you "new schoolers" who haven't posted in the Old School thread, here is your chance. (This is especially for our former-VWers out there.)

Give us a brief intro, so that newbies can get the lowdown on what you're about.

#2 ·
I'm Krista. My name is Krista. Please refer to me as Krista. There is a long, boring story as to why I had to choose Kristadb, but long story short, it's Krista.

I'm a VWer, cat lover, caretaker of 6 generations of aquatic snails, big boobed, bigger mouthed, hates debating in this forum, has 5+ years of debate experience, history buff, writer...That's about it.

Oh, and I find Tame obnoxious...in an endearing sort of way

#3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

Okay, all you "new schoolers" who haven't posted in the Old School thread, here is your chance. (This is especially for our former-VWers out there.)

Give us a brief intro, so that newbies can get the lowdown on what you're about.
I'm not quite sure whether NEWBIES are supposed top post info here, or the old schoolers....?

#6 ·
Oooh... I guess I'm one of these....

Former VWer, love animals, especially wolves and dogs, tutor at university as well as doing a PhD, Australian, vegetarian almost 6 months, consider myself ovo-veg now. Engaged, mother of 8 furkids, 24, want to become a lecturer/academic to pay for my need to rescue dogs and native animals... is that enough?

#10 ·
i'm very confused
. that board looks an awful lot like this one! i even browsed a bit to see if there were any two-timing VBers

okay, back to the topic at hand:

i'm a 31 year old, married, mother of an 18-month old son named Aiden. i have a rescue group called Caring for Animals Through Service (C.A.T.S.) that primarily takes in abandoned cats, spays/neuters and finds them permanent, loving homes. i have 5 cats (plus 3 fosters), 2 rabbits and a guinea pig. all of which have been abandoned. i'm also a vegan - June 30 was my 13th anniversary of being one. my son is a vegan and my husband is vegetarian. i am VERY sensitive and i hate to debate. i've met some really great people here at VB.

#11 ·
My name is Shay and I am a college student majoring in vet. medicine. I love Animals.....especially Birds, Pigs, and Ants. Yes, someone has to love the Ants...lol. I am a Vegetarian...I have been one for 10 months on July 15, 2003.

I have 3 Dogs, 1 Bird, and 3 Fish. I also have numerous baby Ants around the house...lol. I also own a Veg business online.

I want to own an Animal and Children Shelter one day.

Just thought I would introduce myself.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Raine

i'm very confused
. that board looks an awful lot like this one!
Don't be confused. It might "look" similar, but they are two very different places. This place is nowhere near as sterile as VR and here you're actually allowed a dissenting opinion "without" having to post your "vegan" life story first.

#14 ·
Allrighty, here goes.

I'm 28, soon to be 29 (less than a month. Ack!). I've been a vegetarian for a little over 6 years and have been attempting the vegan lifestyle for the past year or so. I say attempting b/c I live in Nebraska and there's not a whole lot of options at restaurants for vegans, so when I'm at a restaurant and there isn't a vegan option, I will eat dairy and eggs. Also, I don't worry about whether there's whey in my dinner roll.

I've been a volunteer at the humane society coming up on 4 years. Deciding to volunteer is one of the best things I've ever done.

I have an almost 8 year old cat who is actually Satan in feline form, but I love her dearly.

Hmmm...what else? Not much. Guess that's it.

#17 ·
I'm 44 years old, was vegetarian for several years, and I've been vegan for 2 years, which is one of the best things I've EVER done! I'm single, the head of a financial department for a private art college, have a fine arts degree, and I teach beading techniques on the side (not at the college). I have a wonderful 21-year old daughter who's going to college to become a teacher (I did not give birth to her - I used to be married to her father, who was a widower when I met him), and 4 amazing cats. I'm very open-minded and patient, like to be intellectually challenged, and I prefer the company of animals to most people. Animals "wow" me, and I can't get enough of them - wish I had the ability to take care of every sick, abandoned/neglected, abused, injured animal. I know I have enough love for all of them! I enjoy solitude when I can get it, as I'm around a lot of people most of the time between my 2 jobs. I love reading, listening to music, food (reading about it, preparing it, eating it, talking about it, etc.), and learning new things. I think there are some terrific and big-hearted individuals on this board, and I go through withdrawal if I don't get my daily "fix"!

#19 ·
Hmm.. I'm 26 and I became a vegetarian about 12 years ago and I made the switch to vegan about 4 months ago and I haven't looked back since. I always thought that being a vegan would be so difficult. I mean, I grew up in the dairy capital of Canada. I never thought I'd be able to give up my beloved Kraft Dinner

I have a cat, Katy aka the Antichrist and I'm living in sin with my omni s/o

Unfortunately, I'm the only veg*n around here... well I have yet to meet another veggie. Actually, I do work with a guy who claims to be a vegetarian but the only thing he doesn't eat is red meat...

#22 ·
Tame you one fly mother...*shut yo' mouth*...I'm just talkin about Tame! *We can dig it*

Anywho hello all! Been a veggie for 6 1/2 years, have a 12lb cat, have a 9 month old baby girl (see my pics!) and love all animals from the itty bitty to the that's a huge bi*&%! ha ha. My hobbies include writing, watching old moives( oh yeah Shaft in Africa -Tame!) and being a mommie!

#23 ·
I may still count as a newbie, I don't know.

But anyway, Laura Borealis (actual nickname), almost 40 years old, from Bloomington, Indiana. Companions: one spouse, two rats, and four cats.

One thing I was thinking about the other day is that I can't enjoy Iron Chef as much as I used to. There are way too many meat battles. I want Iron Chef Vegetarian! Maybe some VeggieBoarder in Japan can get to work on Chairman Kaga and win him over to the cause.

Iron Chef Challenge: Bean Curd!

Iron Chef Challenge: Veganrella!

Iron Chef Challenge: Raw Foods!

#24 ·
I just about threw up when I saw the Iron Chef battle with live lobsters. They just started chopping away at these animals while they were alive. It still brings tears to my eyes
and a lump in my throat. Then the announcer said something about them not feeling it when they chop off their claws! That's funny because as soon as they did it they poor lobster started squirming and flipping out. Anyways I couldn't stand it.

#25 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by 808veggie

I just about threw up when I saw the Iron Chef battle with live lobsters. They just started chopping away at these animals while they were alive. It still brings tears to my eyes
and a lump in my throat. Then the announcer said something about them not feeling it when they chop off their claws! That's funny because as soon as they did it they poor lobster started squirming and flipping out. Anyways I couldn't stand it.
Eh, I used to like that show. I haven't watched it since I became veggie. They even had to stick meat in most of the tofu dishes.

Anyways, my profile. I'm a thirteen year old girl living in Minnesota. I've been vegetarian for almost five months now. I like anything having to do with JRock music, Harry Potter, or The Wiggles. Oh, and I like to play dress up, and I get away with it because I have three younger siblings.
I don't do a whole lot else.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.