New School VBers - Represent! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-10-2003, 12:49 AM
Banned

Okay, all you "new schoolers" who haven't posted in the Old School thread, here is your chance. (This is especially for our former-VWers out there.)

Give us a brief intro, so that newbies can get the lowdown on what you're about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-10-2003, 10:14 PM

I'm Krista. My name is Krista. Please refer to me as Krista. There is a long, boring story as to why I had to choose Kristadb, but long story short, it's Krista.

I'm a VWer, cat lover, caretaker of 6 generations of aquatic snails, big boobed, bigger mouthed, hates debating in this forum, has 5+ years of debate experience, history buff, writer...That's about it.

Oh, and I find Tame obnoxious...in an endearing sort of way
#3 Old 07-10-2003, 11:07 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

Okay, all you "new schoolers" who haven't posted in the Old School thread, here is your chance. (This is especially for our former-VWers out there.)

Give us a brief intro, so that newbies can get the lowdown on what you're about.

I'm not quite sure whether NEWBIES are supposed top post info here, or the old schoolers....?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-11-2003, 12:22 AM
Banned

Really, anyone. It is more for those of you that have introduced yourselves previously, and your threads have disappeared/migarted down the board.

This way, newbies can kind of check up on who hangs out in these here parts.
#5 Old 07-11-2003, 12:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kristadb

Oh, and I find Tame obnoxious...in an endearing sort of way

I will take that as a compliment.
#6 Old 07-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Veggie Regular

Oooh... I guess I'm one of these....

Former VWer, love animals, especially wolves and dogs, tutor at university as well as doing a PhD, Australian, vegetarian almost 6 months, consider myself ovo-veg now. Engaged, mother of 8 furkids, 24, want to become a lecturer/academic to pay for my need to rescue dogs and native animals... is that enough?
#7 Old 07-11-2003, 05:40 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm holding out to be interviewed.
#8 Old 07-11-2003, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Represent?

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 Old 07-11-2003, 07:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Okay, no sooner said and along comes your wish!

www.veganrepresent.com/forums
#10 Old 07-11-2003, 02:06 PM

i'm very confused . that board looks an awful lot like this one! i even browsed a bit to see if there were any two-timing VBers .

okay, back to the topic at hand:

i'm a 31 year old, married, mother of an 18-month old son named Aiden. i have a rescue group called Caring for Animals Through Service (C.A.T.S.) that primarily takes in abandoned cats, spays/neuters and finds them permanent, loving homes. i have 5 cats (plus 3 fosters), 2 rabbits and a guinea pig. all of which have been abandoned. i'm also a vegan - June 30 was my 13th anniversary of being one. my son is a vegan and my husband is vegetarian. i am VERY sensitive and i hate to debate. i've met some really great people here at VB.
#11 Old 07-11-2003, 04:09 PM

My name is Shay and I am a college student majoring in vet. medicine. I love Animals.....especially Birds, Pigs, and Ants. Yes, someone has to love the Ants...lol. I am a Vegetarian...I have been one for 10 months on July 15, 2003.

I have 3 Dogs, 1 Bird, and 3 Fish. I also have numerous baby Ants around the house...lol. I also own a Veg business online.

I want to own an Animal and Children Shelter one day.

Just thought I would introduce myself.
#12 Old 07-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Raine

i'm very confused . that board looks an awful lot like this one!

Don't be confused. It might "look" similar, but they are two very different places. This place is nowhere near as sterile as VR and here you're actually allowed a dissenting opinion "without" having to post your "vegan" life story first.
#13 Old 07-11-2003, 04:52 PM
Veggie Regular

Vegan Represent is dead. Boring. Dead.
#14 Old 07-11-2003, 05:43 PM
Veggie Regular

Allrighty, here goes.

I'm 28, soon to be 29 (less than a month. Ack!). I've been a vegetarian for a little over 6 years and have been attempting the vegan lifestyle for the past year or so. I say attempting b/c I live in Nebraska and there's not a whole lot of options at restaurants for vegans, so when I'm at a restaurant and there isn't a vegan option, I will eat dairy and eggs. Also, I don't worry about whether there's whey in my dinner roll.

I've been a volunteer at the humane society coming up on 4 years. Deciding to volunteer is one of the best things I've ever done.

I have an almost 8 year old cat who is actually Satan in feline form, but I love her dearly.

Hmmm...what else? Not much. Guess that's it.
#15 Old 07-11-2003, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by VegAnaconda

www.veganrepresent.com/forums

And you can quote me on that...
#16 Old 07-12-2003, 01:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Tame

YIKES i hate these things!
#17 Old 07-13-2003, 01:11 AM
Veggie Regular

I'm 44 years old, was vegetarian for several years, and I've been vegan for 2 years, which is one of the best things I've EVER done! I'm single, the head of a financial department for a private art college, have a fine arts degree, and I teach beading techniques on the side (not at the college). I have a wonderful 21-year old daughter who's going to college to become a teacher (I did not give birth to her - I used to be married to her father, who was a widower when I met him), and 4 amazing cats. I'm very open-minded and patient, like to be intellectually challenged, and I prefer the company of animals to most people. Animals "wow" me, and I can't get enough of them - wish I had the ability to take care of every sick, abandoned/neglected, abused, injured animal. I know I have enough love for all of them! I enjoy solitude when I can get it, as I'm around a lot of people most of the time between my 2 jobs. I love reading, listening to music, food (reading about it, preparing it, eating it, talking about it, etc.), and learning new things. I think there are some terrific and big-hearted individuals on this board, and I go through withdrawal if I don't get my daily "fix"!
#18 Old 07-13-2003, 09:15 AM
Veggie Regular

I neglected to mention that art is a very important part of my life - can't figure out how I forgot that one!
#19 Old 07-13-2003, 03:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Hmm.. I'm 26 and I became a vegetarian about 12 years ago and I made the switch to vegan about 4 months ago and I haven't looked back since. I always thought that being a vegan would be so difficult. I mean, I grew up in the dairy capital of Canada. I never thought I'd be able to give up my beloved Kraft Dinner

I have a cat, Katy aka the Antichrist and I'm living in sin with my omni s/o

Unfortunately, I'm the only veg*n around here... well I have yet to meet another veggie. Actually, I do work with a guy who claims to be a vegetarian but the only thing he doesn't eat is red meat...
#20 Old 07-13-2003, 04:15 PM

Tame, it is a compliment.

I'm with epski; I've withholding further info until my interview
#21 Old 07-14-2003, 12:45 PM

Yeah, me too, but I don't think I'm popular enough to be interviewed. Anyway, isn't this what our profiles are for? Ug, nevermind. Here's me: depressed and whiney vegan numerologist soon to be divorced, homeless and childless.
#22 Old 07-14-2003, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

Tame you one fly mother...*shut yo' mouth*...I'm just talkin about Tame! *We can dig it*

Anywho hello all! Been a veggie for 6 1/2 years, have a 12lb cat, have a 9 month old baby girl (see my pics!) and love all animals from the itty bitty to the that's a huge bi*&%! ha ha. My hobbies include writing, watching old moives( oh yeah Shaft in Africa -Tame!) and being a mommie!
#23 Old 07-14-2003, 02:20 PM
Veggie Regular

I may still count as a newbie, I don't know.

But anyway, Laura Borealis (actual nickname), almost 40 years old, from Bloomington, Indiana. Companions: one spouse, two rats, and four cats.

One thing I was thinking about the other day is that I can't enjoy Iron Chef as much as I used to. There are way too many meat battles. I want Iron Chef Vegetarian! Maybe some VeggieBoarder in Japan can get to work on Chairman Kaga and win him over to the cause.

Iron Chef Challenge: Bean Curd!

Iron Chef Challenge: Veganrella!

Iron Chef Challenge: Raw Foods!
#24 Old 07-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Veggie Regular

I just about threw up when I saw the Iron Chef battle with live lobsters. They just started chopping away at these animals while they were alive. It still brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. Then the announcer said something about them not feeling it when they chop off their claws! That's funny because as soon as they did it they poor lobster started squirming and flipping out. Anyways I couldn't stand it.
#25 Old 07-16-2003, 04:03 PM
Meo
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by 808veggie

I just about threw up when I saw the Iron Chef battle with live lobsters. They just started chopping away at these animals while they were alive. It still brings tears to my eyes and a lump in my throat. Then the announcer said something about them not feeling it when they chop off their claws! That's funny because as soon as they did it they poor lobster started squirming and flipping out. Anyways I couldn't stand it.

Eh, I used to like that show. I haven't watched it since I became veggie. They even had to stick meat in most of the tofu dishes.

Anyways, my profile. I'm a thirteen year old girl living in Minnesota. I've been vegetarian for almost five months now. I like anything having to do with JRock music, Harry Potter, or The Wiggles. Oh, and I like to play dress up, and I get away with it because I have three younger siblings. I don't do a whole lot else.
#26 Old 07-17-2003, 04:13 AM
Veggie Regular

Friend of mine told me I should host a vegan cooking show. I said, "But who would watch it?" We just aren't a large enough market force to convince someone to carry that program yet...

Damn it all!
#27 Old 07-17-2003, 09:01 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi,

I joined once before, but i kinda forgot my handle and password - genius move dont ya think anyway, i have been veggie for about 5 yrs now, lacto only for about 2 1/2. I love finding new recipies and teaching non vegs about the lifestyle. my friends are always fascinated and love it when i bring them a great tasting dish. I tend to cook low fat out of taste and preference, and they love that too. (so if anyone has any great low fat/cal recipies feel free to toss em my way)

I live in the unstable weather climate city of montreal where it changes ten degrees (celsius) in the matter of a day, but its great and i love it. but we need more veg restaurants

i look forward to getting to know you all ( again - it was a while ago - life got a little crazy)

Sarah
#28 Old 07-17-2003, 11:57 AM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by 808veggie

We changed channels as soon as we saw the lobsters come up on the platform. We knew it wouldn't be pretty.... I can't believe that the announcer claimed they feel no pain. What a lie!
#29 Old 07-19-2003, 08:08 AM

I come here to represent myself again.

we are lacto-vegetrarain couple. I am a student studying Msc in Finance. My husband is a computer programmer. He is very interetested in working in USA. He always thinks USA is a better place.........
#30 Old 07-19-2003, 08:42 PM
Veggie Regular

My name is saborm or Sabrina, whichever you prefer. I'm 25 and one of the VegWebbers that transferred over here in the great migration of 04.

Let me see, I've been trying the veganism thing since around Christmas time of last year and it's going alright. My area's not very vegan friendly, especially the restaurants for some reason. However, after I get married to Triumvir (who's also a member of this board) I'll be moving to the Vancouver area where there are all kinds of new things to try and restaurants to go to. The grocery shopping alone is a whole different experience out there, it's like paying half price for twice the quality of the fruits and vegetables! So I'm all excited about that, well being with Tri is pretty exciting too.

What else...I work in a factory currently but I'd like to get out of that and go to university to study architecture with the ultimate goal of helping to create homes that bring people and their environment together. Maybe get into arcology . Don't know what that is? Follow that link.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page