Hello...I just joined! :) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-02-2006, 10:46 PM

Anyways I just happened to be referred to this site by a friend. shes new here also. her name is sweet america. Anyway lol Iv been wanting to go veggie for awhile tried many times and failed, so please encourage me! lol cuz i love meat and ill definityl need it. I had to cook some sausage for breakfast the other night and the smeel make me sick, and when i tasted it...well, put it this way it didnt taste yummy to my tastbuds. It tasted greasy and i bite into someting hard. *shudders* have any of you ever seen the tiny hard balls in sausage before? I think it might be a bone or something. anyway i can never eat it again. wish me luck. Tomorrow will be my first official day since iv already ate meat today. Guess ill have to do some research.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-02-2006, 11:16 PM

Hello and Good Luck . Just think "is this really worth it" before you eat it and you should be fine.
#3 Old 01-03-2006, 05:15 AM
Administrator

Welcome! Good luck on going veg.

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-03-2006, 05:19 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB. Lots of good info here.
#5 Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB! You'll have a great support system on VB.

*this space not for sale*
#6 Old 01-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Banned

your right, there is some great info on here. i found the is great link helps making parsnip soup

world wide web .backwoodshome.com /articles2 /grim79.html

you will have to copy and paste it though
#7 Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VeggieBoards!
#8 Old 01-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello and welcome.

I myself could never stomach sasuage, it's just too "unknown" to me.
#9 Old 01-04-2006, 05:01 PM

Trust me, the more research you do and the more understanding from it the more you'll never go back to meat. Sadly you might grow a dislike to a lot of people and what they do but remember to see from their point of view as well

I recommend that you read and read and read. Amazon is a great place for veggie/animal rights books.

And P.S I was always told the tiny hard balls were lumps of fat and/or bone marrow.
#10 Old 01-04-2006, 06:20 PM

ewwww! Thats just nasty.

Ps: darn it Today my parenst dragged me to taco bell and I ate some mexican pizza with ground beef. I hate myself I'm going to start again tomorrow lol wish me luck ill need it.
#11 Old 01-04-2006, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

welcome to vb.
#12 Old 01-15-2006, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry06 View Post

ewwww! Thats just nasty.

Ps: darn it Today my parenst dragged me to taco bell and I ate some mexican pizza with ground beef. I hate myself I'm going to start again tomorrow lol wish me luck ill need it.

You know there are vegetarian options at taco bell...

Just a thought...
#13 Old 01-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Veggie Regular

Hey, welcome to VB! What you should do is go out ASAP and buy yourself lots of fake meat food. This will make you transition alot easier. I remember my first day veg I felt so sick and tired because that day I barely had anything to eat. Also, it's sometimes easier to transition gradually to vegetarianism. When I first became veg I ate some chicken broth and geletin products. I slowly eased out of them. This will help you to stop eating your favorite non veg foods. Well good luck!
#14 Old 01-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to vb.

Taco bell has some really good options for vegetarians (and even for vegans, but that's a bit trickier). 3 that immediately come to mind is the 7 layer burrito (the rice is vegan in my state - leave off the sour cream and cheese if you don't eat cheese), the bean burrito and the 1/2 pound burrito without the meat (it basically leaves beans, rice and tomatoes if they remember to put the tomatoes on ).

In fact, a lot of places have good options if you're willing to use a bit of creativity and maybe a (very) polite request to substitute one thing for another (I try to limit my requests to one or two simple things so no one gets upset at me). Heck, I've even found good meals in steakhouses. It wasn't easy, but I did it.

Oh, and those mystery bits floating around in meat (especially ground meat). Those bits are bone, cartlidge, grissle, marrow and whatever else the butcher forgot to trim off the meat/couldn't cut off completely. Damn nasty when you think about it, isn't it?
#15 Old 01-16-2006, 05:40 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome! Some authors I recommend: John Robbins, T. Colin Campbell, Howard Lyman. Search amazon.com or your local library.

There are two approaches you can take: gradual or all-at-once. I personally think that the gradual approach has greater chance of success. Going veggie isn't just about eliminating meat from your diet, it's about substituting better food in its place, and this takes time, training, and experimentation.

Regardless of which approach you choose, we're here to help!
#16 Old 01-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Veggie Regular

From Taco Bell Website:

Are there any items on your menu that are prepared without meat?

A: Several Taco Bell items do not include meat as an ingredient. Popular ones include the classic Bean Burrito, 1/2 lb. Bean Burrito Especial, 7-Layer Burrito, and Cheesy Fiesta Potatoes side item (the last two feature sour cream, which contains a very small amount of gelatin which is naturally animal-based). Of course you can also request that any item on the menu be prepared without meat or sour cream. The enzymes used in the production of our cheese, tortillas, and flatbread are not from an animal source.
#17 Old 01-21-2006, 08:25 AM

awwww no way!!! how can anyone eat a cute piggy!!! anyway linda mccartney sausages are the best thing about being veggie in my book lol I love 'em!! welcome to VB and good luck with the new healthier, kinder diet xxx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page