Howdy! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 11-20-2005, 01:48 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm new to veggieboards.com. I just found the site after an Internet search. I've used vegsource.com and vegpeople.com, so why not veggieboards.com?

I've been near-vegan for 10 years; it's a great diet! I'm moving to an area of the country where the major "health food" stores (Whole Foods, Wild Oats, etc..) have (so far) feared to tread, which makes me very nervous. Great food is an important part of my life. I hope that I'm not going to be eating potatoes and cabbage every night

Well, thanks for listening...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

Curious: What part of the country will you be moving to? Perhaps there's someone on VB who lives there or near there and can help you find what you need.

*this space not for sale*
#3 Old 11-20-2005, 01:53 PM
Baby Love

*waves*

Where are you moving? If you are within a partial days drive of a store that sells all the veg friendly specialty products you can always bring a couple coolers and stock up when you're in town. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-20-2005, 01:59 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm moving to northern Alabama (Huntsville) from Denver. The nearest Whole Foods is, um, New York City ? Well, I shouldn't panic, yet. Things may not be as bad as I imagine. I can order some things directly from the manufacturer (like flour from Bob's Red Mill), but some other things may be more difficult to come by. I may have to buy a house with lots of land, and install a huge garden and greenhouses in order to survive.
#5 Old 11-20-2005, 02:14 PM
Veggie Regular

It's not much, but I hope this helps. http://www.happycow.net/north_americ...lle/index.html

*this space not for sale*
#6 Old 11-20-2005, 02:15 PM
Baby Love

Thats definately quite a move. There isn't a Wild Oats, Whole Foods, or Trader Joe's in the entire state! However, its not quite as bad as driving to NY. There are two Wild Oats within less than 2 hours drive from Huntsville. One's in Franklin, TN. The other is in Nashville, TN. Not good for a weekly shopping trip, but certainly doable if you decide to go for a weekend visit ... and just happen to go to shopping on the way back ... I really don't know how Alabama grocery stores fare with other states, but its pretty easy to find things like soymilk at convential grocery stores. I've heard Wal-Mart even stocks the stuff. I am jealous of all that green space, though
#7 Old 11-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Veggie Regular

While living in Denver, I have fallen in love with Sunflower Market. You can see their website at sunflowermarkets.com.

Great prices and selection for the stuff that vegans like to eat. Maybe I can convince them to open a store in northern Alabama. Heck, I'll even run it for them, even though I know nothing about retail management.
#8 Old 11-20-2005, 07:02 PM
ALL

hi.

Buy it online.
#9 Old 11-21-2005, 02:53 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to VB!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page