Newbie Vegan here! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-21-2003, 01:31 AM

Hi all,

I am new to the boards and new to veganism, really new! I feel good about my decision to go veg, but still have questions and need advice...so this looks like a great place to join!

Be Well,

manda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-21-2003, 01:36 AM
Administrator

This is the best place to join!

I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. I know it's a big place and there's a lot going on but take a look around and if you need help with anything just ask. We have some very knowledgeable people here!

VeggieBoards Alumni Facebook Group

If you're an old time VB'er stop by and say hi!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 05-21-2003, 05:10 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi mandabelle, Welcome to VB

Why did you decide to go Vegan? (good choice !)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Yes, great choice! Welcome.
#5 Old 05-21-2003, 07:27 PM

Michael is right, this is the best place to join! I'm sure you'll find it very helpful here, and welcome!!
#6 Old 05-21-2003, 10:13 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

As for what made me decide to become a vegan? The answer is easy: learning more about the dairy farming industry.

I have been a vegetarian for nearly 10 years now, started when I moved away to college. I have never been a big fan of meat and it was easier to become a vegetarian away from the family household. Eggs weren't an issue for me as I always found them gross. However my achilles heel would be dairy. I loooooved my pizza and ice cream and at one point I believed it to be cruelty free as long as I went with organic options. I really thought I could never be with out my dairy until I started reading articles about what dairy is and what they have to do to keep cows lactating. At that point I decided it was time to rid myself of all animal products in my diet,wardrobe,everything.

I can't lie, giving up dairy has needed an element of will power, but I know that doing the right thing is better than a big scoop of mint chip...but I am open to any great substitutes that ya'll could recommend!
#7 Old 05-21-2003, 10:22 PM
Veggie Regular

mandabelle,

what a great decision! It fits just well that you join this great board at the same time. Michael was right. But he's always right, he's The Boss!!!

If you post your cheese questions in the appropriate forum, you'll get all the info you need.

See you around!

p.s. You're right about dairy - problem is the milk belongs to the calves, so you can't really have a "cruelty free dairy" - seems to be an oximoron to me.
#8 Old 05-22-2003, 05:04 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi and welcome!

I'll go Vegan one day. One day . . . the sooner the better!
#9 Old 05-22-2003, 12:33 PM
Veggie Regular

You picked a great resource. Lots of vegans here, so jump on in!
#10 Old 05-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi mandabelle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page