Hey all, my name's Abe - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes
  • 2 Post By plantbasedlyfe
  • 1 Post By David3
  • 1 Post By David3

#1 Old 06-16-2019, 11:14 AM

Hey all, my name's Abe

I am looking to connect with like minded people and learn more about plant based eating. Recipes, tips, tricks, hacks---let me know what works for you!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
cherrym and babsymcshea like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-16-2019, 01:29 PM

Hi Everyone, Hope your day is treating you well I'm a little new to this lifestyle so any tips or tricks would be much appreciated Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
#3 Old 06-16-2019, 04:15 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrswendyvance View Post
Hi Everyone, Hope your day is treating you well I'm a little new to this lifestyle so any tips or tricks would be much appreciated Thank you all in advance.

Hi Wendy, and welcome to the forum. What kinds of foods do you normally eat? Maybe we can suggest tips on how to make them vegetarian.
mrswendyvance likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-16-2019, 04:30 PM

Hi, Sorry but I am actually quite a difficult case as I actually only have 5 of my top teeth left after a cancer treatment that didn't go to plan So most of the time I just eat rice as that is something filling but doesn't really need to be chewed Yeah I know boring!

I need to follow a full vegan diet as this will help my body into finally, hopefully getting rid of this cancer

Thanks so much for any words of wisdom you or any other member of this page can share

#5 Old 06-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Hi, Sorry but I am actually quite a difficult case as I actually only have 5 of my top teeth left after a cancer treatment that didn't go to plan So most of the time I just eat rice as that is something filling but doesn't really need to be chewed Yeah I know boring!

I need to follow a full vegan diet as this will help my body into finally, hopefully getting rid of this cancer

Thanks so much for any words of wisdom you or any other member of this page can share

Hi Wendy,

I'm sorry to hear about the health turmoil that you're having to deal with!

Will they be fitting you with a set of dentures, or implanted artificial teeth?

Are you able to eat soup, made with softer cooked vegetables? You can make/buy great soup with beans, rice, and leafy vegetables (like kale or collard greens). Just add canned broth and some hot sauce to spice it up. Lentil soups are part of traditional Portuguese, Northern Spanish, Armenian, and African cooking. Many supermarkets have canned lentil/bean/veggie soups.

Do you like Mexican-style refried beans? You can buy canned vegetarian refried beans at most supermarkets. It's easy to chew, and it's good with avocados and salsa.

Nut butters (peanut butter, walnut butter, etc.) are easy to eat, and they provide protein, healthy-type fats, and minerals.

If you like oatmeal, you might enjoy mixing a little mashed tofu into the bowl. The tofu will add protein, calcium, and iron to the oatmeal, and the tofu doesn't really change the flavor of the oats. Oatmeal is quick to cook.

Cooked sweet potatoes are easy to eat - plenty of vitamins, too. They are quick to boil, steam, or microwave.

Has your physician referred you to a Registered Dietitian - someone who can help you plan a healthy, satisfying diet that you can chew?

mrswendyvance likes this.

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."

Last edited by David3; 06-16-2019 at 06:06 PM.
#6 Old 06-16-2019, 05:49 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantbasedlyfe View Post
I am looking to connect with like minded people and learn more about plant based eating. Recipes, tips, tricks, hacks---let me know what works for you!

Hi Abe, and welcome to the forum. What kinds of plant-based meals do you like?

_________

#7 Old 06-16-2019, 07:19 PM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:

May we know which type of cancer you are fighting?

_________

#8 Old 06-17-2019, 12:22 AM

Yes, I am actually fighting a rare form of cancer called langerhans cell histiocytosis and I have been actually been battling this since I was 18 months old.

Yes I am a fighter!

#9 Old 07-23-2019, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3 View Post
Hi Abe, and welcome to the forum. What kinds of plant-based meals do you like?
Sorry for the delayed response. I'm still a little new to this app. But I would say anything more on the raw side because it makes me feel better. I am a huge fan of rice, quinoa, beans, and oriental cuisines.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in