VeggieBoards banner

Hey all, my name's Abe

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cherries 
#1 ·
I am looking to connect with like minded people and learn more about plant based eating. Recipes, tips, tricks, hacks---let me know what works for you!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Hi Everyone, Hope your day is treating you well [emoji4] I'm a little new to this lifestyle so any tips or tricks would be much appreciated [emoji847] Thank you all in advance.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Hi Wendy, and welcome to the forum. What kinds of foods do you normally eat? Maybe we can suggest tips on how to make them vegetarian.

Reactions: mrswendyvance
#4 ·
Hi, Sorry but I am actually quite a difficult case as I actually only have 5 of my top teeth left after a cancer treatment that didn't go to plan [emoji45] So most of the time I just eat rice as that is something filling but doesn't really need to be chewed [emoji24] Yeah I know boring!

I need to follow a full vegan diet as this will help my body into finally, hopefully getting rid of this cancer [emoji854]

Thanks so much for any words of wisdom you or any other member of this page can share [emoji847][emoji4][emoji2320]

#5 · (Edited)
Hi, Sorry but I am actually quite a difficult case as I actually only have 5 of my top teeth left after a cancer treatment that didn't go to plan [emoji45] So most of the time I just eat rice as that is something filling but doesn't really need to be chewed [emoji24] Yeah I know boring!

I need to follow a full vegan diet as this will help my body into finally, hopefully getting rid of this cancer [emoji854]

Thanks so much for any words of wisdom you or any other member of this page can share [emoji847][emoji4][emoji2320]

Hi Wendy,

I'm sorry to hear about the health turmoil that you're having to deal with!

Will they be fitting you with a set of dentures, or implanted artificial teeth?

Are you able to eat soup, made with softer cooked vegetables? You can make/buy great soup with beans, rice, and leafy vegetables (like kale or collard greens). Just add canned broth and some hot sauce to spice it up. Lentil soups are part of traditional Portuguese, Northern Spanish, Armenian, and African cooking. Many supermarkets have canned lentil/bean/veggie soups.

Do you like Mexican-style refried beans? You can buy canned vegetarian refried beans at most supermarkets. It's easy to chew, and it's good with avocados and salsa.

Nut butters (peanut butter, walnut butter, etc.) are easy to eat, and they provide protein, healthy-type fats, and minerals.

If you like oatmeal, you might enjoy mixing a little mashed tofu into the bowl. The tofu will add protein, calcium, and iron to the oatmeal, and the tofu doesn't really change the flavor of the oats. Oatmeal is quick to cook.

Cooked sweet potatoes are easy to eat - plenty of vitamins, too. They are quick to boil, steam, or microwave.

Has your physician referred you to a Registered Dietitian - someone who can help you plan a healthy, satisfying diet that you can chew?

#6 ·
I am looking to connect with like minded people and learn more about plant based eating. Recipes, tips, tricks, hacks---let me know what works for you!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Hi Abe, and welcome to the forum. What kinds of plant-based meals do you like?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.