VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/228700-hello.html)

James N. Dawson 06-24-2018 04:54 PM

Hello

I used to post every so often on Vegan Fitness Forum and a place called Swimmunity, but it looks like VFF may have been totally abandoned and Swimmunity's totally disappeared, so after some searching I decided I try this place to ask questions, ruminate and vent about my running and sporadic efforts to learn to swim. I'm pleased to see you have a physical fitness subforum. There is Facebook, but for various reasons that makes me uncomfortable.

I became a vegetarian at 17 in 1975---yes, I'm "old"---was vegetarian, veganish, or vegan, at intervals, 'til about 2006, at which time I went "strict" vegan. I suppose I'm pretty much in the Vegan Outreach, PETA, Vegan Bros. camp as opposed to the Francione, Yourofsky or Vegan Footsoldier as far as what I consider "vegan" goes. I'm a 100% ethically & humanely motivated vegan with a skeptical self-interest in health veganism---I'm vegan for the animals.

I'm not a very energetic poster, but I look forward to having a little conversation with you all from time to time.

David3 06-24-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James N. Dawson (Post 4117884)
I used to post every so often on Vegan Fitness Forum and a place called Swimmunity, but it looks like VFF may have been totally abandoned and Swimmunity's totally disappeared, so after some searching I decided I try this place to ask questions, ruminate and vent about my running and sporadic efforts to learn to swim. I'm pleased to see you have a physical fitness subforum. There is Facebook, but for various reasons that makes me uncomfortable.

I became a vegetarian at 17 in 1975---yes, I'm "old"---was vegetarian, veganish, or vegan, at intervals, 'til about 2006, at which time I went "strict" vegan. I suppose I'm pretty much in the Vegan Outreach, PETA, Vegan Bros. camp as opposed to the Francione, Yourofsky or Vegan Footsoldier as far as what I consider "vegan" goes. I'm a 100% ethically & humanely motivated vegan with a skeptical self-interest in health veganism---I'm vegan for the animals.

I'm not a very energetic poster, but I look forward to having a little conversation with you all from time to time.

Welcome to the forum, James! As far as I can tell, this forum includes several people in their 50s, 60s, and up. I'm in my late 40s.

Mr. H. 06-25-2018 08:03 AM

hi welcome aboard

Capstan 06-25-2018 11:44 AM

Hi James. I have a few years on you, but I wish I had started vegginess as early as you did. I was in my 40s, before I wised up.

James N. Dawson 06-25-2018 08:50 PM

Thanks everybody!