VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello from Victoria (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/22618-hello-victoria.html)

A-Beezy 10-14-2004 11:03 PM

Hi everyone, I've been a vegetarian for about three and a half months now and do not plan on ever eating meat again. Right now I'm not sure if I'll go vegan or not but I can say that going vegetarian feels great. I've always liked the environment and animals so I started feeling hypocritical when I would be eating animals. And then after watching a truely inspirational film in a class last year I decided to make the move. Anyway I look forward to contributing to this forum with many questions as I've just began my life as a vegetarian.



Cheers

GhostUser 10-15-2004 01:28 AM

Welcome to VB!

qetta 10-15-2004 06:49 AM

Hello and welcome! What was the name of the film that inspired you so?

beforewisdom 10-15-2004 07:38 AM

Welcome!

A-Beezy 10-15-2004 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetta View Post

Hello and welcome! What was the name of the film that inspired you so?





It was The Witness by Eddie Lama. I higly recommend it if you're ever having doubts about eating meat again.

qetta 10-15-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Beezy View Post

It was The Witness by Eddie Lama. I higly recommend it if you're ever having doubts about eating meat again.



I think the Peaceable Kingdom documentary was done by the same people. That's what has recently inspired me to take more action about the suffering of animals. Great videos and that's totally cool you were shown The Witness in a classroom setting.

A-Beezy 10-15-2004 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qetta View Post

I think the Peaceable Kingdom documentary was done by the same people. That's what has recently inspired me to take more action about the suffering of animals. Great videos and that's totally cool you were shown The Witness in a classroom setting.



I'll have to look for Peaceable Kingdom at my library. Yeah I saw the Witness in a sociology class last year and it really hit a lot of people. The prof, a huge animals rights person, was balling her eyes out, along with many other girls in the class. Some people had to leave.

Cissy 10-15-2004 03:08 PM

Welcome! Cool screen name!

kerr 10-17-2004 05:16 PM

Howdy. But which Victoria? There are many ...

A-Beezy 10-17-2004 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerr View Post

Howdy. But which Victoria? There are many ...



Victoria, BC, Canada


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.