Hi everyone! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pepperminty

#1 Old 05-01-2017, 09:17 PM

Hi everyone!

Hello!

I'm not quite a newbie vegan anymore (been vegan almost 3.5 years now) but I'm always looking for supportive groups to communicate and share with other like-minded folks I'm actually going to be visiting Portland, OR for the first time in a few weeks, and I'm really excited to see the supposed vegan capital of the US! If anyone has any places/restaurants/bars I must see, please let me know! I'm only going to be there for a day and a night, but I'm going to try to cram in as much as I can (sight-seeing and food-wise lol)!

A little about my vegan journey... It began when I was 15 and decided to stop eating cows and pigs after seeing how intelligent they are. It wasn't until 7 years later when I got really into fitness that I started thinking about chickens and fish. I started following tons of fitness accounts on instagram. One of them actually went vegan, and this opened my eyes to the fact that you CAN gain muscle and be healthy without animal products. I soon after stumbled upon a book, "My Beef with Meat" by Rip Esselstyn, and it REALLY opened my eyes about the cruelty in animal ag, as well as how unhealthy eating animal products can be. When I was reading the book, I was eating meat with every meal, and yogurt or eggs every morning. I felt sluggish and my weight had ballooned but I kept telling myself it was normal because I was "bulking". I decided to try being vegan for one month. And then I never considered going back

3 years later and I feel healthier and stronger than ever! I have so much more energy and my recovery time post-workout is so fast. I love cooking and coming up with new recipes. Before I was vegan I was a picky eater, now I'll try anything as long as it's vegan It feels good to no longer contribute to such a huge source of cruelty and suffering.
Sboone11 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-01-2017, 09:32 PM
person

Hello glad to meet you.

"The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men." - Leonardo Da Vinci, Italian Painter, Sculptor, Architect, Musician, Engineer, and Scientist

When it comes to having a central nervous system, and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy. ~Ingrid Newkirk
#3 Old 05-02-2017, 02:17 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page