VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Re-Re-Introduction - let's try this again! (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/220570-re-re-introduction-lets-try-again.html)

jaskins 02-14-2017 11:28 AM

Re-Re-Introduction - let's try this again!

Hi y'all!

I just logged back on after a long, long second hiatus...I ready my last introduction and cringed/laughed so hard. "I WILL BE A VEGAN BY THE END OF 2012!"

Spoiler alert - that didn't happen.

But, I find myself here again. And it feels different this time! Different from the "it feels different this time" that I felt LAST time!

So. I'm done with college. Got my master's in 2013 and I've been in the "real world" as an accountant for a few years. Have gotten better at the adulting, fending for myself thing. Started doing Blue Apron about six months ago as a fun way to cook new things and try new dishes. Friends, this was a revelation. I ordered a mix of omni/vegetarian meals and recently discovered - GASP - I *much* prefer the vegetarian recipes. I am better at cooking them, they're much more delicious, and in the last week or so I realized I have developed an aversion to touching raw meat. Or smelling it. Or looking at it. So I think I will be able to actually stick to it this time. I know it's a process - but that's why I'm back! To get support from you wonderful folks!

I also signed up for a trial of Green Chef and their VEGAN menu - I think it's so cool there's a meal service that does vegan options! I'm dabbling with transitioning to vegan once I'm comfortable/reasonably assured that I will maintain a vegetarian lifestyle. I've already been cutting out dairy in hopes it helps my skin, so I think I can get there! It helps that these meal services give me recipe ideas. I LOVE cooking, so I'm sure I'll be deep in the cooking/food boards here before long!

Anyway, just wanted to say hi again. Hoping y'all can help me hold myself accountable this time around!

jaskins 02-15-2017 08:31 AM

oh god I just re-read this from yesterday and I sound like a meal service shill I promise I'm not! Ack! I'm just overly excited about committing to this change in lifestyle *hangs head in shame*

silva 02-15-2017 03:23 PM

Yay! Welcome back!
I see those meal deliveries advertised a lot- and many vegan options! I wonder how popular they are in my area? Great that may help people realize it's not hard, just different

greenmamato3 02-15-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaskins (Post 4059778)
oh god I just re-read this from yesterday and I sound like a meal service shill I promise I'm not! Ack! I'm just overly excited about committing to this change in lifestyle *hangs head in shame*

My parents joined Blue Apron a couple of months ago and they are wicked excited about it too and talk about it all the time. Too funny!

jaskins 02-16-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silva (Post 4059858)
Yay! Welcome back!
I see those meal deliveries advertised a lot- and many vegan options! I wonder how popular they are in my area? Great that may help people realize it's not hard, just different

I've really enjoyed using them! It's made me try a lot of new things, and the best part is only getting the amount I need for a recipe - so if I end up not liking it much, I don't have a whole bunch of it that I have to force myself to eat, or give away to friends (I try to minimize my food waste as much as possible - hate throwing out perfectly good items). I originally wanted to try Purple Carrot, since it's all vegan, but they don't deliver to my area :( so I was really excited to see Green Chef had a vegan option that does deliver to me! I'll have to post some reviews of them once I get my first box!

jaskins 02-16-2017 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenmamato3 (Post 4059922)
My parents joined Blue Apron a couple of months ago and they are wicked excited about it too and talk about it all the time. Too funny!

I ended up getting my parents to do Blue Apron too - they love it! My dad is picky so it's pretty amazing the stuff my mom has gotten him to try through it. Now I'm just trying to convince them to try the vegetarian dishes more often :p

Werewolf Girl 02-18-2017 01:50 PM

Welcome back! :hi: