New Here! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-01-2017, 10:57 PM

New Here!

Hi all my name is Amanda and I am very new to this. I have been a vegetarian before but have been mocked by my family to go back to eating meat multiple times. I'm sick of eating animals. I'm sick of eating fish. I'm sick of being unhealthy. And I'm sick of watching how meat is put in the store and put on people's plates. I want it off mine for good and need a good support system.

I am overweight, and am looking for healthy options for protein. I do love quantity of food, so anything with huge quantity satisfies my hunger... I was hoping maybe some of you can point me in the right direction. I am obsessed with buffalo chicken, but want it to be without chicken, is there any substitute for that as well? Just a lot of questions, but I am new to the vegetarian community. And willing to start a new healthy way cruelty and animal free. Thanks.

-Amanda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-02-2017, 01:43 AM

Hi, I'm new in here but I used to be vegetarian since 4 or 5 years old (since I remember). Now I'm in my 20' and try to go vegan. From my experience I can tell you that active life and vegetarian works great - I used to train swimming for 13 years and I'm alive as well as I did other sports. If it comes to chicken and other meat substitutes you should try TOFU...you can buy it natural, smoked (my fav) or with herbs. There are a lot of recepis how to make it taste like meat. You can buy or (better) prepare some burgers yourself. Some mushrooms taste like meat if you season them and fry well. The seasoning is crucial - try some vegetarian things seasoned with the same mix you use to buffalo chicken.

I wish you luck and keep my fingers crossed

Tags
fresh , juststarting , starting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page