Anyone else from Maine? - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-30-2004, 04:02 PM
Beginner

Hi y'all!

I am new to Maine and new to VeggieBoards, but I am in love with both places!

A bit about me...I've been vegetarian for about ten years, although I did recently end a year-long period where I was eating poultry and fish again. I am finding this time around that I feel so much better than before, plus I learn neat new ways to prepare tofu everyday! I also have a complex that baffled my mother while I was living at home. Yes, I am a vegetarian, but I cannot stand squash of any kind, nor can I tolerate any type of beans. They just gross me out. Am I the only one???

I just started my first *grown-up* job when I moved, and I love it, although this happens to me EVERYDAY.... .....literally. But I love it, it makes me smile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2004, 06:22 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm not from Maine... but I live in New Brunswick (Canada, not New Jersey), so that's pretty close. Welcome to VB!
#3 Old 09-30-2004, 07:18 PM
Administrator

Welcome to VB! Be sure you check out the Maine thread in the United States forum.

Follow me on Twitter - @_jorts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Beginner

Thanks guys!

I looked into the Maine thread, but it hadn't been updated since June, and I think it was 2003 before that :-)
#5 Old 10-02-2004, 08:15 AM

Welcome! I'm not from Maine, but part of me wishes I was. It is sooooo beautiful.

The ones I pity are the ones who never stick out their neck for something they believe, never know the taste of moral struggle, and never have the thrill of victory. - Jonathan Kozol
#6 Old 10-02-2004, 08:54 AM
Beginner

Oh I'm not from Maine, I just moved here about 2 months ago because it's so beautiful :-)
#7 Old 10-02-2004, 10:19 AM

I'm a maine-r born and raised but moved to (god awful hate it) the mountains of Colorado after living in Chicago right out of college. We're moving back to Maine THIS WEEK. Where in Maine are you? My family makes up over half of Mt. Desert Island, I think! Not the bar harbor side of the island but the back side (Tremont, Southwest Harbor).

I'm hoping to start a veg group on the island (I can't find one if there's one there now) as well as an AP play group.

ANyway, welcome to the world of Maine.

AS MAINE GOES, SO GOES THE COUNTRY.(my grammar school teacher use to say this daily!lol)

Kimberley
#8 Old 10-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Beginner

I bet it will feel good to come back!

I'm living in Wiscasset, about an hour up the coast from Portland. I have spent some time up near Mt. Desert island, and it is gorgeous. My ex had some friends in Ellsworth, and it was on a visit to them that I decided I wanted to live in the great state of Maine!

Are you all ready for the big move? I know it took me forever to get packed up and then unpacked again! My move wasn't near as big as yours though!

Hope it all goes well for you!
#9 Old 10-02-2004, 04:22 PM

Get this... I'm flying w/ a baby and we're carrying on our rabbit. The cat is flying with us too- he's going in cargo. My husband is driving the moving van/cars with our two large dogs...

ugh.
#10 Old 10-02-2004, 04:23 PM
Beginner

Yikes! You are brave! Let me know if I can be of any help with anything!
#11 Old 10-03-2004, 12:38 AM

Not In Maine..but still welcome

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page