• 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By silva
  • 1 Post By PhoenyxNeko
  • 1 Post By Symondezyn
  • 1 Post By silva

#1 Old 06-03-2016, 10:35 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PhoenyxNeko
Newbie vegan

I just recently went vegan. I have been craving chocolate frosted dounettes, and chips and salsa. I want to find ways to not eat the dounettes, because they have eggs. I was told that if you're craving chocolate it is actually magnesium you're craving. Is this true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Veggie Regular

AFAIK chocolate itself is addictive. Anyways vegan doughnuts exist.

Also in my case if I keep myself well fed I don't get so many cravings for junk food.
#3 Old 06-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenyxNeko View Post
I just recently went vegan. I have been craving chocolate frosted dounettes, and chips and salsa. I want to find ways to not eat the dounettes, because they have eggs. I was told that if you're craving chocolate it is actually magnesium you're craving. Is this true?
It is usually that you are not eating enough calories. If you recently went vegan, there has not been enough time to develop huge deficiencies that cause cravings. The most common mistake new vegans make is to consume too few calories.

My advice: learn to cook. And eat!
David3 and VeganMel like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 06-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#5 Old 06-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know, when I'm craving chocolate I just think I'm craving chocolate
Have you seen Pierres ice cream and stuff by you? They have a great dark chocolate sorbet that's vegan
LedBoots likes this.
#6 Old 06-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

and vegan chocolate cake is easy as can be!
LedBoots likes this.
#7 Old 06-04-2016, 10:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to PhoenyxNeko
I'll definitely look into making higher calorie meals. I love to cook. I even made lentils for breakfast. I'll even start to save my money to buy vegan treats.
LedBoots likes this.
#8 Old 06-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Plant Powered

IDK about anyone else, but I feel that it's very important to keep "emergency chocolate" in the fridge, always LOL. The only difference now that I'm vegan is that I read the ingredients and buy ones with no dairy ^_^

If you're in a pinch you can make your own chocolate with cocoa powder, coconut oil, and a bit of sweetener; melt together in a saucepan and put into non-stick muffin tins in thin layers, then freeze. They will melt in room temperature, so keep them in a container in the freezer. They are soo soo good - you can even melt them over some berries in the summer for a really decadent (and healthy) treat!
LedBoots likes this.
#9 Old 06-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Vegan since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenyxNeko View Post

Welcome to the forum!

Mercy For Animals has a beautifully-illustrated Vegetarian (actually vegan) Starter Guide, free to download. It summarizes vegan nutrition on page 13, and it has very easy meal ideas throughout: http://www.mercyforanimals.org/files/VSG.pdf

http://veganhealth.org/articles/dailyrecs

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
#10 Old 06-04-2016, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

I linked this in another thread. Worth bumping here too!
http://theveganstoner.blogspot.com/
LedBoots likes this.
#11 Old 06-06-2016, 10:38 AM

I don't know if I should say this because I don't know if you live in the US like me, but over here On The Border Cafe Style tortilla chips are vegan (there should be a line slanted right and upwards over the e in Cafe).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page