Probiotic DIY soy eugurt (yogurt alternative) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By VeganBarBro

#1 Old 05-07-2016, 04:39 AM

Probiotic DIY soy eugurt (yogurt alternative)

Hi everybody - my name is Rusty and I've developed a homemade, high protein (soy), probiotic, and Vegan yogurt I call Eugurt. I've seen here and other boards how folks are looking for more options and I can't wait for everyone to try it. I think you'll like it as much as I do. When you make it it is just like a homemade dairy yogurt, except it is completely dairy-free. It makes an amazing, light, creamy yogurt that is surprisingly no fat. And the fun part is that you add your favorite sugar and can control the acidity easily by simply culturing longer or shorter. It also uses a verified dairy-free starter culture. I apologize if I'm co-opting the forum in any way. I thought this would be the perfect place to share the news and I didn't see anything in the rules that said otherwise. Anyway, I'll be sending out free samples for those who are interested, so just PM me. Funny, too, looks like I'm not the first or only Rusty here... I just saw a new fella joined who also is a Rusty. Anyway, hope to hear from you and be talking soon. Rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-07-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugurt View Post
Hi everybody - my name is Rusty and I've developed a homemade, high protein (soy), probiotic, and Vegan yogurt I call Eugurt. I've seen here and other boards how folks are looking for more options and I can't wait for everyone to try it. I think you'll like it as much as I do. When you make it it is just like a homemade dairy yogurt, except it is completely dairy-free. It makes an amazing, light, creamy yogurt that is surprisingly no fat. And the fun part is that you add your favorite sugar and can control the acidity easily by simply culturing longer or shorter. It also uses a verified dairy-free starter culture. I apologize if I'm co-opting the forum in any way. I thought this would be the perfect place to share the news and I didn't see anything in the rules that said otherwise. Anyway, I'll be sending out free samples for those who are interested, so just PM me. Funny, too, looks like I'm not the first or only Rusty here... I just saw a new fella joined who also is a Rusty. Anyway, hope to hear from you and be talking soon. Rusty
Is there a website with more info?
#3 Old 05-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Have you gotten it to any fairs or start ups? Where in the world are you?
Welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-07-2016, 04:24 PM

Hi again - here's a bit more about myself. I live in Faribault, MN, USA and I've worked in food manufacturing in both Quality and Production for over 10 years. I have a Masters in Microbiology and my study, combined with my profession, has given me great interest in the development and future of food, as well as trends. I can best describe myself as a learning foodie who puts a premium on healthy, functional foods (though my eating habits don't always reflect that... stress, right?). To throw something out there a bit quirky maybe - I've dabbled with what I call a cold food diet. It basically is just as it sounds, you don't cook or prepare anything and it means you eat more fruits and vegetables, take in less salt, and generally don't over eat. I'd have to call that an on-again, off-again love affair that I hope to make more permanent if I can ever get my you-know-what together... good luck, right?

Anyway, to answer the above questions, I'm developing the website and it is currently quite blank, but more will be developed in the next month. I'll post the link in the near future once I've met the minimum post level, but you can find it by searching for "eugurt". And, no, I haven't been to any fairs or trade shows or the like, but I'll be looking to do just that in the upcoming year. I also got a PM, so here is more info on the product - it was important to me that it should act just like dairy yogurt when making it at home and what that means is that it doesn't thicken greatly until you culture it. In other words, it doesn't contain a bunch of gums (none) and starch (small amount of rice starch). It also has a prebiotic to make the good bacteria in the eugurt and your gut good and happy, while being easily digestible. Basically, its all about the protein, which in the case of my first product, is soy-based. If you have a home yogurt-maker you'll be in good shape with this because the portions were chosen with them in mind. One pouch makes 7 servings for a yogurt-maker. It is a roughly 3oz dry mix that you had to water, heat to simmer, cool to 110degF, culture for 8 hrs, chill and enjoy. It makes a surpisingly smooth and yogurt-like product, unlike anything on the market. I'm working on next products that will be completely allergen-free, but I figured soy is the benchmark and a good place to start. Thanks. Rusty
#5 Old 05-08-2016, 01:47 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

Is this a commercial or do you want to be a member on Veggieboard? Then, first introduce yourself.

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#6 Old 05-08-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugurt View Post
Hi again - here's a bit more about myself. I live in Faribault, MN, USA and I've worked in food manufacturing in both Quality and Production for over 10 years. I have a Masters in Microbiology and my study, combined with my profession, has given me great interest in the development and future of food, as well as trends. I can best describe myself as a learning foodie who puts a premium on healthy, functional foods (though my eating habits don't always reflect that... stress, right?). To throw something out there a bit quirky maybe - I've dabbled with what I call a cold food diet. It basically is just as it sounds, you don't cook or prepare anything and it means you eat more fruits and vegetables, take in less salt, and generally don't over eat. I'd have to call that an on-again, off-again love affair that I hope to make more permanent if I can ever get my you-know-what together... good luck, right?

Anyway, to answer the above questions, I'm developing the website and it is currently quite blank, but more will be developed in the next month. I'll post the link in the near future once I've met the minimum post level, but you can find it by searching for "eugurt". And, no, I haven't been to any fairs or trade shows or the like, but I'll be looking to do just that in the upcoming year. I also got a PM, so here is more info on the product - it was important to me that it should act just like dairy yogurt when making it at home and what that means is that it doesn't thicken greatly until you culture it. In other words, it doesn't contain a bunch of gums (none) and starch (small amount of rice starch). It also has a prebiotic to make the good bacteria in the eugurt and your gut good and happy, while being easily digestible. Basically, its all about the protein, which in the case of my first product, is soy-based. If you have a home yogurt-maker you'll be in good shape with this because the portions were chosen with them in mind. One pouch makes 7 servings for a yogurt-maker. It is a roughly 3oz dry mix that you had to water, heat to simmer, cool to 110degF, culture for 8 hrs, chill and enjoy. It makes a surpisingly smooth and yogurt-like product, unlike anything on the market. I'm working on next products that will be completely allergen-free, but I figured soy is the benchmark and a good place to start. Thanks. Rusty
It sounds interesting. PM me when your website's up and I'll be happy to take a look.

Tags
dairy-free , eugurt , non-dairy , probiotic , yogurt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page