Newly Vegan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By JoshT
  • 1 Post By JoshT

#1 Old 04-15-2016, 06:55 AM

Red face Newly Vegan

My name is Josh and I'm 23 years old. I've been vegan for about a month now so it is still very new to me. I made the choice after getting into working out and eating healthier. Currently want to research and implement more of a raw vegan diet. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more. Thanks!
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-15-2016, 07:11 AM
Love

Smile

Welcome Josh! I'm glad you decided to go vegan, that's great! I hope you enjoy the lifestyle!

It's all about love!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 04-15-2016, 07:09 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome Josh! Nice to see someone from Ohio! I grew up in Ohio but moved to Minnesota in 1993. I still miss it in some ways. I hear Columbus is a great place for vegans nowadays!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-15-2016, 07:34 PM
The Corpulent Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshT View Post
My name is Josh and I'm 23 years old. I've been vegan for about a month now so it is still very new to me. I made the choice after getting into working out and eating healthier. Currently want to research and implement more of a raw vegan diet. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning more. Thanks!
Congrats on your choice to go vegan! As someone heavily involved in nutrition, I recommend a mixture of raw and cooked foods to keep your diet balanced, as some phytonutrients and antioxidants are actually more digestible and accessible when they're cooked. Becoming Raw from Book Publishing Company and Becoming Vegan from the same are both super amazing resources that I highly recommend reading if you're interested in nutrition.

Welcome to the forum and the community!

It's better to burn out than fade away! - Def Leppard

#5 Old 04-15-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Mike View Post
Welcome Josh! I'm glad you decided to go vegan, that's great! I hope you enjoy the lifestyle!
Thanks Mike!
Vegan Mike likes this.
#6 Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Welcome Josh! Nice to see someone from Ohio! I grew up in Ohio but moved to Minnesota in 1993. I still miss it in some ways. I hear Columbus is a great place for vegans nowadays!
Thanks for the welcome!
#7 Old 04-15-2016, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliakai View Post
Congrats on your choice to go vegan! As someone heavily involved in nutrition, I recommend a mixture of raw and cooked foods to keep your diet balanced, as some phytonutrients and antioxidants are actually more digestible and accessible when they're cooked. Becoming Raw from Book Publishing Company and Becoming Vegan from the same are both super amazing resources that I highly recommend reading if you're interested in nutrition.

Welcome to the forum and the community!
Thanks for those suggestions! I will definitely look into them.
#8 Old 04-16-2016, 12:25 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#9 Old 04-16-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rno View Post

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-
Thanks!
#10 Old 04-20-2016, 10:21 AM

Hello and welcome Josh!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page