Routine introductions - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Veggie Regular

I'm vegetarian. Oooh, there's a surprise.

I've been a vegetable-arian for seven years now (or so, I didn't mark the calendar), though I have yet to make the leap to full on vegan. Milk in my espresso makes for a tasty latte, rice or soy just taste wrong.

Having only joined the forum in the last ten minutes, I'm not too sure if the whole "what does it mean to be vegetarian" issue is too common. For the record, though (mostly because I always have to explain in real life) I do not eat any meat. That means no turkey, no chicken, no seafood. No meat. Although I'm pretty sure that at least some of the members here can empathize with my frustration at the all too common question -- "so, you're vegetarian? But you eat seafood, right?" Grrrrr.

I'd write more, but I always feel awkward with general introductions. Of course if you have questions, ask. But in general I'm sure you'll figure me out from my posts to be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-05-2004, 09:21 PM

Welcome to VB!
#3 Old 09-06-2004, 01:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Thank you.

Big, busy forum here. I feel I have lots to catch up on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 09-06-2004, 02:22 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi nkuvu

You're right, the seafood thing is a pet peeve of many people here, and you wouldn't believe how often we discuss the true definitions of 'vegetarian' and 'vegan'!

Anyway, welcome to VB and I hope to see you around the boards!

I like your avatar, btw. Is the tortoise a friend of yours?
#5 Old 09-06-2004, 02:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Sooo...tell us about yourself.

Oh, and welcome to VB!
#6 Old 09-06-2004, 03:02 AM
Veggie Regular

Yes, the tortoise is a friend. Just to be confusing, the tortoise's name is Nkuvu. He's a vegetable-arian as well. Note that his herbivorosity (I doubt that's a real word, but you get the idea) is not something I decided on. I don't believe in altering an animal's normal diet to fit my morality. As such, my two dogs are omnivores.

But if you're really curious I have more pics and even a few movies of Nkuvu on my website. However I must warn you that I also have many pics of my dogs there as well.

revelsunrise, what would you like to know? I'm totally ignoring the fact that you most likely asked me that only because I mentioned that I always feel awkward with general introductions.

And thank you for the welcomes, by the way.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page