• 1 Post By maremare
  • 1 Post By @rno
  • 1 Post By no whey jose
  • 1 Post By Jenn2
  • 4 Post By Poppy
  • 1 Post By maremare
  • 2 Post By maremare

#1 Old 01-10-2016, 10:45 PM

Talking Returning to Vegetarianism (Pescetarianism?)

Hi all, I just registered and am returning to eating a vegetarian (or probably pescetarian) diet like I ate when I was in high school (now in my mid-30's). Well, not just like then, I remember living on bagels, eggplant, and Wendy's jr cheeseburger deluxes, minus the meat.

I'm excited to look around the forum and find some new recipes and ideas! I live with family members that are all very "meat and potatoes" so it's always been a struggle being the odd one out as far as liking what they consider to be weird foods.
Jenn2 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-11-2016, 03:18 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

For me dead animals is weird food.

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#3 Old 01-11-2016, 03:25 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rno View Post
For me dead animals is weird food.
This! Whenever a meat-eater describes something I'm eating as weird or gross, I can't stop myself from saying, "Really? This, coming from someone who literally eats corpses?"
David3 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-11-2016, 12:03 PM
Beginner

congrats maremare, you can do it! Maybe one of your family members will become curious about your meals...you just never know!
David3 likes this.
#5 Old 01-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Ankle Biter

Much fish today is raised in completely filthy conditions, by people who are practically slaves to the fish growers. Most wild caught fish wastes more lives of other species (even dolphins) than the intended catch and is very likely mislabeled. In fact, most fresh fish you buy in American grocery stores has been frozen at least twice. So, you may wish to reconsider going pescatarian.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#6 Old 01-11-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn2 View Post
congrats maremare, you can do it! Maybe one of your family members will become curious about your meals...you just never know!
My nephews are actually the most likely to eat the veggie meals I cook, the youngest one was eatting some raw zucchini when I was cooking it tonight. They are good little vegetable eaters.

David3 likes this.
#7 Old 01-11-2016, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy View Post
Much fish today is raised in completely filthy conditions, by people who are practically slaves to the fish growers. Most wild caught fish wastes more lives of other species (even dolphins) than the intended catch and is very likely mislabeled. In fact, most fresh fish you buy in American grocery stores has been frozen at least twice. So, you may wish to reconsider going pescatarian.
Maybe eventually but for now I'm fine with my choice. I know myself well enough to know that baby steps are easier for me to work with and more likely that I'll stick with something in the long run than if I go full speed, balls to the walls to begin with. But thank you, and I will do some research
LedBoots and David3 like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page