Guru Service ! - Page 2 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 71Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#31 Old 01-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post
Ladyjay already provided that response. It seems you've been trumped, and we have a new guru.

All hail, Ladyjay!
Please give me one more chance !

Do you have a serious question about life ?
Naked Guru is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#32 Old 01-02-2016, 05:09 AM
Veggie Regular
 
Naturebound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Guru View Post
Please give me one more chance !

Do you have a serious question about life ?
I have one.

How does one learn to love the imperfect body and world they live in? I exercise, dance, eat healthy for the most part (eating enough is still a psychological battle), and have fought to stay at a healthier weight for the last year and a half. But my every inclination and desire is still to pair it all back off again. :/ It's so hard to look in the mirror and accept what I see. Or wear clothes that feel ok because I have a body that is so disproportionate and uncooperative and nothing ever feels right. For some reason I transferred the feeling of lack of control in life and over my body (and anger at being castrated by an overzealous surgeon resulting in a traumatic surgical menopause at the age of 33 ten years ago) to an all out obsession with controlling it over a great many years by hardcore exercise and weight loss/restricting to a very unhealthy place, and no eating disorder treatment, therapy, meditation, medication, or anything else has cured it.

I met a guy on another online site some time ago and he made a promise that he could "help me" and I became obsessed with him and very attached. After a six year strange online relationship with him, he decided he couldn't help and that our relationship was too much for him lol and he cut me off completely and suddenly. He has no idea the profound effect he had on me, and how I nearly lost my identity and am trying to find it again. He never told me, but it was glaringly obvious he had some sort of schizophrenia, and I knew the signs because someone in my family has schizophrenia too and some of what he shared was so bizarre. But I am a sucker for unusual people with unusual advice and observations. I am also drawn to people who are sincere and don't pretend to have all the answers, or maybe that do pretend to be someone else and have the answers but are so bad at pretending that I love them anyway if only for their humanity. Just wish I could love myself the same way. :/

Happy answering.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Naturebound is offline  
#33 Old 01-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
I have one.

How does one learn to love the imperfect body and world they live in? I exercise, dance, eat healthy for the most part (eating enough is still a psychological battle), and have fought to stay at a healthier weight for the last year and a half. But my every inclination and desire is still to pair it all back off again. :/ It's so hard to look in the mirror and accept what I see. Or wear clothes that feel ok because I have a body that is so disproportionate and uncooperative and nothing ever feels right. For some reason I transferred the feeling of lack of control in life and over my body (and anger at being castrated by an overzealous surgeon resulting in a traumatic surgical menopause at the age of 33 ten years ago) to an all out obsession with controlling it over a great many years by hardcore exercise and weight loss/restricting to a very unhealthy place, and no eating disorder treatment, therapy, meditation, medication, or anything else has cured it.

I met a guy on another online site some time ago and he made a promise that he could "help me" and I became obsessed with him and very attached. After a six year strange online relationship with him, he decided he couldn't help and that our relationship was too much for him lol and he cut me off completely and suddenly. He has no idea the profound effect he had on me, and how I nearly lost my identity and am trying to find it again. He never told me, but it was glaringly obvious he had some sort of schizophrenia, and I knew the signs because someone in my family has schizophrenia too and some of what he shared was so bizarre. But I am a sucker for unusual people with unusual advice and observations. I am also drawn to people who are sincere and don't pretend to have all the answers, or maybe that do pretend to be someone else and have the answers but are so bad at pretending that I love them anyway if only for their humanity. Just wish I could love myself the same way. :/

Happy answering.
For a start no one has the answers for your problems, no one !!! You have to find your own answers, and the only way to do that is to leave your comfort zone behind, you have to cross your psychological, emotional and physical limitations, that is where the answers to life lie.
Many people practice meditation techniques, they call it meditating, but the fact is it is practising a technique, very rarely does anyone that practices a technique ever reach a state of meditation. And you say you done therapies and many other things, unfortunately all the people that are teaching all these therapies, meditation techniques, yoga, and all the rest of it. Are superficial immature people, they have just leant the technique they are teaching, they have not mastered that craft themselves, they are not able to use the craft to solve their own psychological and emotional problems. So unfortunately it is only possible to gain something superficial from these people.
And as for your body image, that is just your self judgement, if you really were are able to use a meditation technique then this should be overcome very easily. And eating disorders basically is nothing more than fear, that could be overcome with a meditation technique also. But it takes many years to develop that's a type of skill.
Naked Guru is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#34 Old 01-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Naturebound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Guru View Post
For a start no one has the answers for your problems, no one !!! You have to find your own answers, and the only way to do that is to leave your comfort zone behind, you have to cross your psychological, emotional and physical limitations, that is where the answers to life lie.
Many people practice meditation techniques, they call it meditating, but the fact is it is practising a technique, very rarely does anyone that practices a technique ever reach a state of meditation. And you say you done therapies and many other things, unfortunately all the people that are teaching all these therapies, meditation techniques, yoga, and all the rest of it. Are superficial immature people, they have just leant the technique they are teaching, they have not mastered that craft themselves, they are not able to use the craft to solve their own psychological and emotional problems. So unfortunately it is only possible to gain something superficial from these people.
And as for your body image, that is just your self judgement, if you really were are able to use a meditation technique then this should be overcome very easily. And eating disorders basically is nothing more than fear, that could be overcome with a meditation technique also. But it takes many years to develop that's a type of skill.
Thanks much for your efforts to answer my question. I don't understand meditation at all really. I have tried but it is beyond my abilities at this point. Perhaps down the road I may try again. The closest I have come to a sense of peace and living in the present moment and feeling complete love is when I am out in the wilderness, far from roads, signs, computers, people. Even then though the thoughts and so on that emerge in my head crowd out that short elusive state of awareness and being.

Enough about me already. I didn't mean to detract from your intro post. Do you have struggles of your own? Have you mastered them through this mediation you speak of? Or do you not like to speak from personal experience? Many people don't.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Naturebound is offline  
#35 Old 01-03-2016, 05:29 PM
V for Vegan
 
Bruce V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Guru View Post
For a start no one has the answers for your problems, no one !!!
Not even a self proclaimed "guru"? Go figure.
Bruce V is offline  
#36 Old 01-03-2016, 07:04 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Thanks much for your efforts to answer my question. I don't understand meditation at all really. I have tried but it is beyond my abilities at this point. Perhaps down the road I may try again. The closest I have come to a sense of peace and living in the present moment and feeling complete love is when I am out in the wilderness, far from roads, signs, computers, people. Even then though the thoughts and so on that emerge in my head crowd out that short elusive state of awareness and being.

Enough about me already. I didn't mean to detract from your intro post. Do you have struggles of your own? Have you mastered them through this mediation you speak of? Or do you not like to speak from personal experience? Many people don't.
I don't like to speak from personal experience, I did this, I did that. It makes you sound like you have a very big "I" which is the ego. And I do have very big ego so I try not to let people know about it.
If you have any struggles in life, freedom from these struggles is when you cross your psychological and emotional limitations. That will be the end of them. That is how to reach a state of meditation, not through practising a meditation technique.

Last edited by Naked Guru; 01-03-2016 at 09:12 PM.
Naked Guru is offline  
#37 Old 01-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce V View Post
Not even a self proclaimed "guru"? Go figure.
I can proclaim if you want, everybody else seems to !!
Naked Guru is offline  
#38 Old 01-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Lifelong vegetarian
 
@rno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,617
Naked Guru: Are you serious?

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
@rno is offline  
#39 Old 01-05-2016, 06:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rno View Post
Naked Guru: Are you serious?
I'm trying very hard to be serious, the problem lies with people like yourself not taking me seriously !!!


And you wanted a good reason to eat meat

Starvation would be a consideration
Naked Guru is offline  
#40 Old 01-05-2016, 06:39 PM
No flesh since 99'
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 959
Naked guru: Are you actually a vegetarian or vegan or just here because you figured vegetarians/vegans would for some reason be more interested in asking a self described guru questions?
LedBoots likes this.
Kiwibird08 is offline  
#41 Old 01-05-2016, 07:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwibird08 View Post
Naked guru: Are you actually a vegetarian or vegan or just here because you figured vegetarians/vegans would for some reason be more interested in asking a self described guru questions?
Thirty years vegetarian, vegan on and off,
Playing guru out of extreme boredom.
Naked Guru is offline  
#42 Old 01-05-2016, 07:40 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Guru View Post

Do you have a serious question about life ?
I have a number of serious questions about life. However, I do not believe that they have answers.
Naturebound and no whey jose like this.
Beautiful Joe is offline  
#43 Old 01-06-2016, 02:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Joe View Post
I have a number of serious questions about life. However, I do not believe that they have answers.
If they are serious questions about life, they my not be answered through words, they may need to be realised, but go ahead any way, they may be able to be answered in indirect way
Naked Guru is offline  
#44 Old 01-06-2016, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator
 
no whey jose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: West Sussex, UK
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Guru View Post
Thirty years vegetarian, vegan on and off,
Playing guru out of extreme boredom.
So why should anyone take you seriously, then? You can't even entertain yourself.
Muttley likes this.
no whey jose is offline  
#45 Old 01-06-2016, 03:46 AM
an irregular
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: South Shore, Mass
Posts: 151
this thread is still going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
So why should anyone take you seriously, then? You can't even entertain yourself.
But how else will people feel important and get recognition without having to actually do anything??

its one thing to give specific advice when propositioned, but soliciting vague, open ended nonsense with some hot words thrown in for good measure, isn't enlightenment, its narcissism.
LedBoots and no whey jose like this.

instagram: Popcorncaptain
Muttley is offline  
#46 Old 01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
this thread is still going on?



But how else will people feel important and get recognition without having to actually do anything??

its one thing to give specific advice when propositioned, but soliciting vague, open ended nonsense with some hot words thrown in for good measure, isn't enlightenment, its narcissism.
I would say you're deluded, as you're the one practising narcissism with me.
Naked Guru is offline  
#47 Old 01-06-2016, 12:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by no whey jose View Post
So why should anyone take you seriously, then? You can't even entertain yourself.
Very good point. You've got me there.
Naked Guru is offline  
#48 Old 01-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 26
My career as a guru has come to an end, it has been a total failure, I'll leave you folks in peace !!!
Naked Guru is offline  
#49 Old 01-06-2016, 02:42 PM
Newbie
 
tokyobags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 66
Wong post. Sorry!

Proudly Asian Vegan for 10 Years

Visit Our Family Store:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for 100% Vegan Bags.

We handcraft bags ranging from backpacks to briefcases for all men and women.
We ship worldwide too.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by tokyobags; 01-06-2016 at 02:43 PM. Reason: posted on the wrong topic
tokyobags is offline  
#50 Old 01-06-2016, 05:57 PM
Veggie Regular
 
Naturebound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Guru View Post
My career as a guru has come to an end, it has been a total failure, I'll leave you folks in peace !!!
It's ok to stick around as a fellow vegetarian and just be your natural self without playing a role, if you wish. That's what I'm doing.
Kiwibird08 and no whey jose like this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Naturebound is offline  
#51 Old 01-06-2016, 06:18 PM
No flesh since 99'
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naked Guru View Post
My career as a guru has come to an end, it has been a total failure, I'll leave you folks in peace !!!
I agree with Naturebound. Why not just chat with other vegetarians and vegans?

No need to play "guru". I'm sure on some level we all feel we have great insight and advice to offer, but theres a better way to share that knowledge/experience than this kind of thread. With 30 years of experience as a vegetarian, I bet you have a lot of things you could contribute to this forum. Trying to be a self described "guru" is just not the right way to go about sharing what you know.
no whey jose likes this.
Kiwibird08 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off