80% Raw Vegan checking in from Southern California. - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
  • 2 Post By 420Surfer
  • 1 Post By 420Surfer
  • 1 Post By 420Surfer
  • 1 Post By 420Surfer

#1 Old 11-28-2015, 12:30 PM

80% Raw Vegan checking in from Southern California.

I just came across this incredible site and of course joined you cool cats!!!

I am 44, ex military, surfing bikram yogi enjoying life while doing as little harm as possible along the way.

I look forward to getting to know you all better.

If anyone is on IG I am OB_Soul_Surfer

LedBoots and Thalassa4 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome 420Surfer! I am your age, 43. It must be nice and warm in Southern California!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 Old 11-28-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Welcome 420Surfer! I am your age, 43. It must be nice and warm in Southern California!
Actually woke up this morning and it was 45 which is borderline apocalypse weather. Basically the only hazard of living within walking distance of the Ocean well that and having the chance of surfing a wave inland for a few miles.
Naturebound likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 11-28-2015, 02:28 PM
Veg-head since 10/14/14

Send a message via Yahoo to MadamSarcastra
Greetings, So-Cal dude! Welcome aboard! (No surf pun intended. LOL)

I'm 41, and I just have to say be glad you aren't in Michigan. LMAO I have MANY relatives in California, from San-D to Frisco.... so hang loose for the cousins! Hasta lasagna, don't get any on ya.

~ MadamSarcastra
#5 Old 11-28-2015, 09:22 PM
Veggie Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420Surfer View Post
Actually woke up this morning and it was 45 which is borderline apocalypse weather. Basically the only hazard of living within walking distance of the Ocean well that and having the chance of surfing a wave inland for a few miles.
Yeah, here it was 25 F this morning, up from 14 F a few mornings ago. It must be totally awesome to live so close to the ocean. I have only ever seen a glimpse of it on the gulf coast a few years ago. But I happily live right by Lake Superior. We have a few rare surfers here but of course it is nothing like surfing in an ocean. I think it's great you do something like that! It's not something you commonly hear people talk about doing.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

#6 Old 11-29-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturebound View Post
Yeah, here it was 25 F this morning, up from 14 F a few mornings ago. It must be totally awesome to live so close to the ocean. I have only ever seen a glimpse of it on the gulf coast a few years ago. But I happily live right by Lake Superior. We have a few rare surfers here but of course it is nothing like surfing in an ocean. I think it's great you do something like that! It's not something you commonly hear people talk about doing.
I am truly blessed. I grew up all over the Country/World (East Coast, West Coast, South Africa) but have never been too far from the Ocean. Even when I made the decision to join the military I joined the Navy. I currently live as close to the Ocean as my budget allows. I honestly can tell a difference physically when I travel away from the water, like my levels are off.

I am getting ready for some El Nino waves to slam our Coasts this Winter. That is when 35+ years of surfing comes in handy because when it is BIG out there things get real sketchy real fast!!
Naturebound likes this.

#7 Old 11-29-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadamSarcastra View Post
Greetings, So-Cal dude! Welcome aboard! (No surf pun intended. LOL)

I'm 41, and I just have to say be glad you aren't in Michigan. LMAO I have MANY relatives in California, from San-D to Frisco.... so hang loose for the cousins! Hasta lasagna, don't get any on ya.
Thank you for the amazing welcome!!!

I have lived in both S. D. (my opinion the greatest City in the World) & S.F. (Haight/Ashbury) with 5 other roommates to split the costs.

I should write a book.
MadamSarcastra likes this.

#8 Old 11-29-2015, 02:56 PM
Veggie Recycler

Welcome!
#9 Old 11-30-2015, 06:58 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page