Hi Everyone 😸 - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ukvege

#1 Old 10-21-2015, 07:31 PM

Smile Hi Everyone 😸

Hello! I'm doing this backwards, as I have already posted on other forums, but I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've been reading these forums for a while now, and wanted to interact with a vegan community. It's really hard to find other vegans or get advice, so here I am.
I am a pacifist and I try not to judge anyone. I really want to do something positive in my life, no matter how big or small it seems. I am also very connected to nature and I love the beach! I also have a thing for protecting and saving the oceans. I clean up the beach as volunteer work, it feels good knowing that I did something good for the fish! I only know one other vegan in my life, only dietary, and two vegetarians. I consider myself an ethical vegan and environmentalist. I hope to get good advice and connect here! Thanks!
MadamSarcastra likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-21-2015, 07:38 PM
Impeach the gangster

Howdy. Welcome to VB! And thanks for the good work you're doing!

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
#3 Old 10-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Re-veganizing

Hello! Good on you for helping to protect our beaches and oceans. As a beach lover, I thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Damn it feels good to be awake again.

(Love You, Remy)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-22-2015, 12:02 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.
#5 Old 10-28-2015, 10:13 AM

Hello again, and thank you for your tremendous support on this site! I find it so relieving to finally interact with you all, especially since I do not know too many vegans/vegetarians. Unfortunately, my family is not vegan nor vegetarian, and they have never really been supportive. Ever since I was in high school, they have been convinced that I was "rebelling" or doing something unhealthy for my diet. They took me to a doctor and he said I was fine, and he's great because to this day he's still my doctor and I have a dietitian there too! They both helped me become a healthy vegan, and I never looked back on my diet. Sadly, my family has ever since treated me differently, and a few have even stopped calling or inviting me to events. I'll probably ask in another post if anyone else has struggled with a similar situation.

Anyways, thanks again for your kind wishes!
#6 Old 10-28-2015, 05:13 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi UKvege and welcome! I'm sorry about your family. That's really a shame that they treat you so terribly. I've been very fortunate though it took my family a while to get used to the idea. It's great to have places like this to come to where others understand and share your compassion. Glad to have you here!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page