• 1 Post By LedBoots
  • 2 Post By Werewolf Girl
  • 1 Post By Naturebound
  • 1 Post By @rno

#1 Old 08-14-2015, 06:59 AM
The prowling wolf

Had a crisis-found my way back :)

Hello all,

I'm not quite a newbie but actually a long standing member by now, just have been absent for quite a while because I have been stricken with Crohn's disease last February and have been in the hospital 3 times since and am still flaring up.

Getting Crohn's caused me a little crisis as I was just transitioning from vegetarian to vegan, and haven't been able to digest leafy greens or fibrous foods since. I got really depressed from the fact that I couldn't transistion and withdrew from everything about vegetarianism for a while.

But I've decided that something is better than nothing and that being vegetarian is better than being omni and in my case the best I can do and that should be enough for now.

So I'm happy to be here again

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Welcome back! I remember you.

I don't really know much about Crohn's, although two of my former co-workers had it, but I do know that it brings its own set of dietary complications. So do what you must to be healthy. I wish you well.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#3 Old 08-14-2015, 09:46 AM
Not such a Beginner ;)

Hi Windigo and welcome back! Sorry about your long Chron's flare! Good to see you back!
Windigo likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 08-14-2015, 09:54 AM
The prowling wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Welcome back! I remember you.

I don't really know much about Crohn's, although two of my former co-workers had it, but I do know that it brings its own set of dietary complications. So do what you must to be healthy. I wish you well.
Yeah it's an autoimmune disease so while you can't cure it with diet it does affect your bowels inmensely and depending on which bit is damaged your diet needs to be adjusted to what you can and can't digest.

Nothing tastes as good as compassion feels.
#5 Old 08-14-2015, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome back! I'm sorry you've been going through such a rough time but I'm glad you're giving being vegetarian a shot. I agree something is better than nothing, it all makes a difference.
Tom and Windigo like this.

"If we could live happy and healthy lives without harming others... why wouldn't we?" - Edgars Mission
#6 Old 08-14-2015, 05:14 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome back! I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling so much with the Crohn's. We welcome vegetarians and vegans alike on Veggieboards, so don't feel bad about where you are right now. I hope that you get your health back and find a way to manage your disease. Best wishes!
Windigo likes this.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#7 Old 08-15-2015, 07:17 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-
Windigo likes this.

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page