Doing this again, hopefully permanently this time.... - VeggieBoards

Doing this again, hopefully permanently this time....

Almondnut's Avatar Almondnut
12:10 AM 08-11-2015
Hello everyone!

I was more active on this board a little while back, but I stopped my vegetarian diet about a year and a half ago(after a two year streak). I want to try and be vegetarian again. I felt better physically, and mentally when I was. I am also an animal lover, and I have compassion for all things(except knats and mosquitoes... They suck).

My boyfriend(of 7 years now) is a meat eater, and that was my previous problem. I am hoping to get more support here being vegetarian, trying to lose weight, and being fit again.

I hoping this will be a life long commitment this time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Capstan's Avatar Capstan
12:44 AM 08-11-2015
Welcome back, Almondnut. Hey, it took me 10-years (on again/off again) to make the transition. But it finally "took," and I've been veg*n over 20-years now. If I can do it, anybody can do it!
@rno's Avatar @rno
01:44 AM 08-11-2015

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Naturebound's Avatar Naturebound
03:39 AM 08-11-2015
Hi Almondnut and welcome back! I have lived with an omnivore husband for 4.5 years as a vegan so I do understand the challenges this presents! It can be hard sometimes when you live with someone who has a different lifestyle and viewpoint. We try to find common ground and work with that. Thankfully over the years my husband has become very very slowly more and more of a vegetarian (and he happily eats my vegan dinners I make for him), but on occasion he will bring home meat and I try to hide my utter disappointment. If he were way less supportive than he is, I imagine it would have been harder to stay with him.

Best wishes on your vegetarian journey!
Reply Up