New To The Forum - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Docbanana

#1 Old 07-20-2015, 12:28 AM

New To The Forum

Hello Everyone

I've just signed up as a member and I'm looking forward to reading some interesting posts and hopefully helping others out when I pass from being a newbie to a regular.

A little about me: I"m a 40 something woman who at present is overweight, hence the the conversion to green smoothies. Ideally, I'd like to shed about 20 kgs (about 44 lbs). But I'd be happy with a good solid 5 kg (11 lbs) loss to start with.

Hopefully, the smoothies will work where nothing else has.

AudraBlue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-20-2015, 10:59 AM

Welcome to the forum! Not to be a downer, but the only thing that works for weight loss is to burn more calories than than you consume each day. And doing the internal work necessary to figure out what it is about your habits, relationship with food, etc. that has been leading you to overeat and gain the weight in the first place. You have to make a lifestyle change that you can live with permanently or the problem will come right back.

I speak as one who has been there, so no judging...sincerely trying to be helpful. I lost 70 pounds several years ago by making unsustainable and extreme changes to my diet, then gained it all back quickly because I never really changed ME and never learned the habits I needed to maintain. This time I am on a better path, learning a new and healthy way of living. Over 100 pounds lost in the last couple of years and I feel like I am in control, know what to do to to maintain.

There's no weight loss magic in a green smoothie, though it is a healthy beverage. Can be as low or high calorie as you make it, just like any meal.
#3 Old 07-20-2015, 05:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi Audrablue and welcome! I'm looking forward to hearing more from you.

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-20-2015, 07:05 PM
Veggie Regular

@Docbanana is absolutely correct, the present weight of an individual is a combination of his/her dietary preferences and the body metabolism. The only way to decrease weight and keep it that way is to calculate what you eat and plan a diet that can work for you everyday. This can be tricky but you should be able to do it, it has to have enough energy to keep you fit through the day yet not so much that it adds unnecessary calories.

Body metabolism though is a very unpredictable factor in determining how results shape up, my metabolism is very high hence I've always found it impossible to gain weight although the BMI is about 20.

The earth has enough resources for everyones need but not their greed.

#5 Old 07-21-2015, 05:19 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e !

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page