Hi from a French Vegan - VeggieBoards

Hi from a French Vegan

Gaellevgn
10:44 AM 05-09-2015
Hello !
I'm a new member here and I thought I should introduce myself.
So, I'm Gaelle 17, from France.
I've been vegetarian for 3 years and I became vegan 6-7 months ago.. but I stopped using products tested on animals and boycotted zoos, seaworlds etc 3 years ago. Actually, I ''just'' keep eating/drinking cheese, milk, and eggs.
Anyway, now I stopped all things from animals
I don't really know what to say about me haha.

Well, feel free to contact me
See you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tom's Avatar Tom
11:03 AM 05-09-2015
Welcome! I had 3 years of French classes back in high school, but that was many years ago and I remember very little, since I haven't used it since then.
varun's Avatar varun
11:27 AM 05-09-2015
Welcome Gaelle. Any specific reason or incident that made you turn veggie and eventually vegan? In any case you have done the right thing so congratulations. In France everything's about cheese so it must be quite tough for you eh?

Do not hesitate to share if you need any support or suggestions from the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

seanE
12:35 PM 05-09-2015
when i was 6 i had a roald dahl story read to me about french people eating frogs, then when friends were staying over, i found out they wear
french i gave them a good giving out to for being such savages they then told me that french people don't really eat frog which left me feeling very silly from then on i never trusted what i read in books
@rno's Avatar @rno
03:05 PM 05-09-2015

W e l c o m e

-
-
-
-
-
-
Ad Elie's Avatar Ad Elie
04:25 PM 05-09-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanE View Post
when i was 6 i had a roald dahl story read to me about french people eating frogs, then when friends were staying over, i found out they wear
french i gave them a good giving out to for being such savages they then told me that french people don't really eat frog which left me feeling very silly from then on i never trusted what i read in books
Yes they DO eat frogs, it's just not that common.

Et bienvenue Gaelle !
Naturebound's Avatar Naturebound
08:50 PM 05-09-2015
Hi Gaelle and welcome!
Gaellevgn
12:22 AM 05-10-2015
Thanks for your message !

About French eating frogs it's actually true ...But as Ad Elie said it'sn not really commom, it's more popular in the ''higher class'' of society. Like you wouldn't see a middle class family eating frogs. However here, people also eat snails and well it's a bit more popular.

I turned vegetarian after a classmate told me she was vegetarian. I was 13 and I didn't know anything about it. It was a Wednesday and I googled ''videos vegetarian'' and saw awfull things. Seriously, I don't really cry but those images choqued me. So as soon I saw it, I turned into a vgR. My parents didn't take it really seriously. They thought it'd be temporary. Did your parents too ?
Then, one day, in February I woke up and told to myself : ''Why do you still drink milk and eat cheese ?'' I cheked on google to see how milk was dropped. Don't laugh but I did not know cows had to have a baby to get milk. Here we call them '' milk cow'' so I was like '' yeah they always have milk''... but actually no they don't. So when I discovered that I was involved in the murder of baby cows I stopped immediately.
Consequently, when I became vegetalian I told myself that leather was as horrible as dairy cow.
I already knew about products tested on animals, and I do not use any make-up or other things related so I didn't see the difference.
I also watched ''Hearthlings'', mamamia I cried all the tears in my body ! I watched it alone, then showed it to my parents. Did you watch it too ?
Well, now I'm trying to make people realise that we can perfectly live without being involved in animals slughter, which is not easy at ALL, because I live in an agricultural region where meat is really liked and vgr and most of all vegan are a really rare species haha

And what about you, how did you become vegetarien/lien/vegan ?
seanE
04:57 AM 05-10-2015
i was lucky my family was always vegetarian so it was easy for me.
when i told my marital arts teacher i was a vegy he replyed with great concern ''i was a vegy when i was your age but you'l get over it when you grow up'' lol
LedBoots's Avatar LedBoots
07:26 AM 05-10-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanE View Post
i was lucky my family was always vegetarian so it was easy for me.
when i told my marital arts teacher i was a vegy he replyed with great concern ''i was a vegy when i was your age but you'l get over it when you grow up'' lol
My adult son's martial arts instructor used him as an example to the class: "You should all be vegan. I should be vegan. This young man's self-discipline is an example to all of us. This is what a vegan looks like and fights like. Any arguments?"

"No, Sensei."

Son was shocked and elated.
TerriNC's Avatar TerriNC
05:24 PM 05-11-2015
Welcome Gaelle!
dormouse's Avatar dormouse
07:57 PM 05-11-2015
Welcome!
Reply Up