Hi, I'm a new vegan and new here! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By MrBearding
  • 1 Post By Vegan Dave

#1 Old 04-29-2015, 08:22 AM

Hi, I'm a new vegan and new here!

Hi guys,

I've just transitioned from a full-on meat diet to being vegan last weekend and so far it has been going well.

I've been reading information on nutrition and watching loads of YouTube videos too.

I used to be a pescatarian in my school days (Age 12-17) and was very strict on what I did and didn't eat to that effect. I slowly started eating meat again, but recently re-visited why I decided to become vegetarian in the first place, and have decided that I should go vegan.

Not sure how active I'll be around here, but as none of my friends or family are vegan, or even vegetarian, I thought it would be a good place for advice and to meet people who are also vegan.
LedBoots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome! There's lots of great information around here.
:thumbup:
#3 Old 04-29-2015, 09:09 AM
Vegan since 1991

Welcome aboard!

_________

Specific recommendations for a healthy diet include: eating more fruit, vegetables, legumes, nuts and grains; cutting down on salt, sugar and fats. It is also advisable to choose unsaturated fats, instead of saturated fats and towards the elimination of trans-fatty acids."
- United Nations' World Health Organization
http://www.who.int/topics/diet/en/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Welcome! I hear ya about not knowing enough vegetarians or vegans in real life. I've only recently come to know more of them, and that's because I've been looking for them.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#5 Old 04-29-2015, 04:47 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi MrB and welcome to VeggieBoards.

My good wishes on your veg*n journey.

Leedsveg.
#6 Old 04-29-2015, 05:20 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBearding View Post
Hi guys,

I've just transitioned from a full-on meat diet to being vegan last weekend and so far it has been going well.

I've been reading information on nutrition and watching loads of YouTube videos too.

I used to be a pescatarian in my school days (Age 12-17) and was very strict on what I did and didn't eat to that effect. I slowly started eating meat again, but recently re-visited why I decided to become vegetarian in the first place, and have decided that I should go vegan.

Not sure how active I'll be around here, but as none of my friends or family are vegan, or even vegetarian, I thought it would be a good place for advice and to meet people who are also vegan.

Mr. B -

WELCOME!!!!!

Congrats on your decision. I was a vegetarian for a year before going vegan. I can never think of going back.

All of my friends & family were meat eaters when I switched. They all knew, but I didn't really say anything. If they were eating steak, beans & rice......I'd just eat beans & rice. If they had a chicken salad.....I'd have a salad, etc.

Pretty soon, most of my family and some distant relatives, that don't even live near us, transitioned to a meat free diet. Again, I literally said nothing.....just ate meals without meat. Later I became vegan.

Bottom line ---- live your life for yourself.....not anyone else. I was never really judged, and I never judged anyone.

Take it a meal at a time.....followed by a day at a time.....

BTW -- be active here....it's a fantastic community of really great people!!!
CricketVS likes this.

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#7 Old 04-29-2015, 06:32 PM
Veggie Regular

Welcome MrBearding!

In the end, only kindness matters. - Jewel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#8 Old 04-30-2015, 09:20 AM
Lifelong vegetarian

W e l c o m e

-
-
-
-
-
-

My usual answer: I have never heard a convincing reason to eat meat.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page