Hi, I'm a new vegan and new here! - VeggieBoards

Hi, I'm a new vegan and new here!

MrBearding
08:22 AM 04-29-2015
Hi guys,

I've just transitioned from a full-on meat diet to being vegan last weekend and so far it has been going well.

I've been reading information on nutrition and watching loads of YouTube videos too.

I used to be a pescatarian in my school days (Age 12-17) and was very strict on what I did and didn't eat to that effect. I slowly started eating meat again, but recently re-visited why I decided to become vegetarian in the first place, and have decided that I should go vegan.

Not sure how active I'll be around here, but as none of my friends or family are vegan, or even vegetarian, I thought it would be a good place for advice and to meet people who are also vegan.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

mecanna's Avatar mecanna
08:51 AM 04-29-2015
Welcome! There's lots of great information around here.
:thumbup:
David3's Avatar David3
09:09 AM 04-29-2015
Welcome aboard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tom's Avatar Tom
04:32 PM 04-29-2015
Welcome! I hear ya about not knowing enough vegetarians or vegans in real life. I've only recently come to know more of them, and that's because I've been looking for them.
leedsveg
04:47 PM 04-29-2015
Hi MrB and welcome to VeggieBoards.

My good wishes on your veg*n journey.

Leedsveg.
Vegan Dave's Avatar Vegan Dave
05:20 PM 04-29-2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBearding View Post
Hi guys,

I've just transitioned from a full-on meat diet to being vegan last weekend and so far it has been going well.

I've been reading information on nutrition and watching loads of YouTube videos too.

I used to be a pescatarian in my school days (Age 12-17) and was very strict on what I did and didn't eat to that effect. I slowly started eating meat again, but recently re-visited why I decided to become vegetarian in the first place, and have decided that I should go vegan.

Not sure how active I'll be around here, but as none of my friends or family are vegan, or even vegetarian, I thought it would be a good place for advice and to meet people who are also vegan.

Mr. B -

WELCOME!!!!!

Congrats on your decision. I was a vegetarian for a year before going vegan. I can never think of going back.

All of my friends & family were meat eaters when I switched. They all knew, but I didn't really say anything. If they were eating steak, beans & rice......I'd just eat beans & rice. If they had a chicken salad.....I'd have a salad, etc.

Pretty soon, most of my family and some distant relatives, that don't even live near us, transitioned to a meat free diet. Again, I literally said nothing.....just ate meals without meat. Later I became vegan.

Bottom line ---- live your life for yourself.....not anyone else. I was never really judged, and I never judged anyone.

Take it a meal at a time.....followed by a day at a time.....

BTW -- be active here....it's a fantastic community of really great people!!!
Naturebound's Avatar Naturebound
06:32 PM 04-29-2015
Welcome MrBearding!
@rno's Avatar @rno
09:20 AM 04-30-2015

W e l c o m e

-
-
-
-
-
-