New here - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 12-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Beginner

New here

Hello! My name is Brook. I've been a vegetarian since I was five and an on-again, off-again vegan since I was thirteen. (I'm turning 23 this month, so I'd say that's a pretty good stretch!) My youngest sister has been a vegetarian for about six years, but the rest of my family is omnivorous (although my boyfriend's sisters consider vegetarianism from time to time, and his brother was even vegan for a month.) I originally went vegetarian for the animals, but after struggling with eating disorders for most of my teens I chose to put a lot more focus on my health.

I recently got my BA in literature, and I'm looking at grad school to move up in my field. My boyfriend and and I had to move into my parents' basement after our landlord increased our rent, and we're currently saving up to buy a home. We're hoping to get a little traveling in before we start trying for a baby.

So yeah. That's me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Veggie Regular

Well met Brook and welcome to the forums! That's quite a good stretch indeed and it's great that you can have the support of your sister!

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one life you may be the world."

#3 Old 12-07-2014, 12:00 PM

Welcome to the forum brookgirl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 12-07-2014, 12:35 PM
Tom
Veggie Regular

Welcome! My parents helped me out too, letting me live with them until I got my own place. I paid them rent and bought my own food, etc, but it was much less expensive than an apartment would have been.

Peasant (1963-1972) and Fluffy (1970s?-1982- I think of you as 'Ambrose' now)- Your spirits outshone some humans I have known. Be happy forever.
#5 Old 12-07-2014, 05:23 PM

Welcome and thanks for sharing
#6 Old 12-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Cool, I am new here as well. I just registered today.

Stay tuned to my posts. I have lots of information to share.

Hope you enjoy your stay as I will.

Always Talk Greens! You will be amazed how much green you can talk.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page