VeggieBoards banner

Vegetarian for less than a week now

583 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Pale Lady 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well, the title sums me up: I'm having a go at being a vegetarian. I've been a carnivore all my life; my parents even raised cattle (for our own consumption). Then last Thursday, March 6...I'm not sure what happened. I was googling something--don't even remember what now, but it led me to start researching vegetarian sites. Suddenly I got the urge...I felt very strongly that I needed to do this, to try my hardest to eat vegetarian. I guess my main motivation would be for health, but animal rights and doing what's good for our planet come in a very close second. I've been doing my homework and stocked up some really good food this past weekend. I joined Veggie Boards because, well, it just looks like a nice place to be! I look forward to reading some back posts and getting to know you all.

Thanks,

Pale Lady

#3 ·
Welcome to the board! My name is Sarah. Everyone here is very friendly and helpful. I recently started my transition to being a vegetarian as well. If you have any struggles and need someone for support I'm here if you need me.
:)
I used to consider myself a carnivore too until about 2 months ago. It was hard at first but it does get much better and easier.

#6 ·
Congratulations Pale Lady!

I have less than 48 hours as a transitioning vegetarian. My plan is to make very conscious decisions about dieting, and come back from the Rainbow Gathering a full on vegetarian, well onto the path of vegan, and to be completely vegan by December 31st 2014.

I do not know much yet, other than the basics: Footprint, and health.

I'm a member of some really nice forums, but this by far is the nicest I've come across!

Welcome :)

SB

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.