Hello from nyc/portland vegan :) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM

Hi Vegans, I'm excited to be joining this forum. I've been a vegan for almost 8 years now. When I came back home to Portland after freshman year, one of my friends had become vegan and suggested I do some research. I became vegan overnight after reading up on everything. Eating plant-based foods has become a way of living peacefully and kindly with others and myself. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't become vegan. Well, I'd imagine that I wouldn't be as concerned about compassion, spirituality, environment, or other things that make me happy to wake up every morning. 

While working as a book editor, I co-founded a vegan website called Peaceful Dumpling (www.peacefuldumpling.com) to spread a positive and peaceful message of veganism. I look forward to meeting a lot of fellow vegans here! Thanks for reading :)

varun likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 02-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello Juhea, I like the website. Welcome to VB.
#3 Old 02-10-2014, 04:07 PM

Thanks Bean Spud! I like your answer for "what you do for a living" :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 02-12-2014, 03:25 AM

Hi Juhea!  Welcome to the forums!

Wow, you've been a vegan for a long time, that's awesome!

You're probably going to be one of the longest term vegans here- most members are a couple years old, in vegan years :)

You might have more to teach than to learn at this point, but I hope we can still offer you a few odd tips here and there, and some new recipe ideas.

Your site looks great, I'm glad you've joined us!

#5 Old 02-12-2014, 03:54 AM
Banned

Hi there and welcome to VB 

I just love the name Peaceful Dumpling :D (that stuffed cabbage looks delicious!)

Juhea Kim likes this.
#6 Old 02-12-2014, 08:29 AM

Wow, I'm very proud to be considered an "experienced" vegan at this point! I'm always learning, though--and growing! 

And I love to also discuss veganism on the more philosophical level, with other vegans and omnis. Revisiting the ethics of veganism makes it still exciting and meaningful, even after the diet part has long taken care of itself. :)

#7 Old 02-12-2014, 11:33 AM
Zelda Freak

Hello there! I'm in Portland as well. Lots of vegan food here!

Welcome!

Juhea Kim likes this.

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#8 Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 PM

thanks Jennifer! I miss the rain :)

#9 Old 02-12-2014, 12:21 PM

Hello Juhea Kim,

Welcome to veggiboards were all Vegan Mad, well I am..Do you know were I can rent a Time Machine.

#10 Old 02-12-2014, 12:31 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Welcome! I spend half my time in Portland, it's a wooonderful city! How have you liked NYC?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#11 Old 02-12-2014, 10:20 PM

Nyc is great. But I left my heart in Portland :) I love nature. 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page