VeggieBoards

VeggieBoards (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello from nyc/portland vegan :) (https://www.veggieboards.com/forum/19-new-member-introductions/144811-hello-nyc-portland-vegan.html)

Juhea Kim 02-10-2014 03:46 PM

Hi Vegans, I'm excited to be joining this forum. I've been a vegan for almost 8 years now. When I came back home to Portland after freshman year, one of my friends had become vegan and suggested I do some research. I became vegan overnight after reading up on everything. Eating plant-based foods has become a way of living peacefully and kindly with others and myself. I can't imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't become vegan. Well, I'd imagine that I wouldn't be as concerned about compassion, spirituality, environment, or other things that make me happy to wake up every morning. 

While working as a book editor, I co-founded a vegan website called Peaceful Dumpling (www.peacefuldumpling.com) to spread a positive and peaceful message of veganism. I look forward to meeting a lot of fellow vegans here! Thanks for reading :)

beanspud 02-10-2014 03:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Juhea, I like the website. Welcome to VB.

Juhea Kim 02-10-2014 04:07 PM

Thanks Bean Spud! I like your answer for "what you do for a living" :)

pandiculationco 02-12-2014 03:25 AM

Hi Juhea!  Welcome to the forums!

Wow, you've been a vegan for a long time, that's awesome!

You're probably going to be one of the longest term vegans here- most members are a couple years old, in vegan years :)

You might have more to teach than to learn at this point, but I hope we can still offer you a few odd tips here and there, and some new recipe ideas.

Your site looks great, I'm glad you've joined us!

60225 02-12-2014 03:54 AM

Hi there and welcome to VB 

I just love the name Peaceful Dumpling :D (that stuffed cabbage looks delicious!)

Juhea Kim 02-12-2014 08:29 AM

Wow, I'm very proud to be considered an "experienced" vegan at this point! I'm always learning, though--and growing! 

And I love to also discuss veganism on the more philosophical level, with other vegans and omnis. Revisiting the ethics of veganism makes it still exciting and meaningful, even after the diet part has long taken care of itself. :)

Jennifer C 02-12-2014 11:33 AM

Hello there! I'm in Portland as well. Lots of vegan food here!

Welcome!

Juhea Kim 02-12-2014 12:08 PM

thanks Jennifer! I miss the rain :)

starman10 02-12-2014 12:21 PM

Hello Juhea Kim,

Welcome to veggiboards were all Vegan Mad, well I am..Do you know were I can rent a Time Machine.

River 02-12-2014 12:31 PM

Welcome! I spend half my time in Portland, it's a wooonderful city! How have you liked NYC?

Juhea Kim 02-12-2014 10:20 PM

Nyc is great. But I left my heart in Portland :) I love nature.