Searching for a frozen seitan cutlet in tomato sauce - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-30-2013, 04:52 PM

Hello, Veggie Boarders!

I'm joining this community because I am trying to find a specific product that I used to buy and enjoy and I cannot find it anywhere!   

The product was a "cutlet" with a great texture made of seitan and these cutlets came in a delicious italian-style tomato sauce.  I used to buy these at the Wild Oats on the Westport/Norwalk border in Connecticut. The cutlets were available heated in the tomato sauce in the deli/entree area and they would also let you buy them frozen to thaw and make at home. This Wild Oats store long ago became a Whole Foods and Whole Foods does not carry this product.    

They were so delicious and they made dinner so easy to put together because this item would be the main course and you could just add a vegetable or salad and some fresh rolls and be all set.

My two daughters are vegetarians and I think they would love these but I can no longer find them.  They had a fun name but I can't for the life of me recall what it was.    

Anybody remember these?  Anybody know where to find them? Or even something similar?

All tips and ideas welcome!

Thanks,

Lynelle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2013, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

I feel so used....

I don't know about anything like that, but Gardein makes some great vegan products! Really everything I've had has been great. They have beef type strips, all kinds of chik'n things, complete dinner things.

I bought Beyond Meat recently. Now they just have three types of chikn' strips- I got the seasoned one. My son still has chicken on occasion, and he could not believe this came from plants-soy based mostly. It was so much like chicken I spit it out.

Field Roast sausages are really good. Apple sage, Italien and the frankfurters are the only that I find good.

We also have a complete recipe and food section here to browse.

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good
#3 Old 09-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Veggie Regular

I am not familiar with a product like that, Lynelle, but I hope you find what you're looking for. Welcome to the forum! 

Aristede:book:

"Now listen, I know you've got to think about your image, 'cause image is important to you, because of course your friends are gonna dictate your actions through the rest of your lives, and I wouldn't want you to step away from them and become an individual, that would almost be too much!"...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 10-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Veggie Regular

Hi Lynelle and welcome to VeggieBoards. :up:

As I live in the UK, I unfortunately have no knowledge of the frozen seitan cutlet you refer to but good luck with your search.

If you do find them and if by chance they are available in the UK, a heads up would be appreciated. 

Leedsveg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page