Hey Everyone! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-11-2013, 08:31 PM

Hello all!  Just a little intro here and and a funny little story.  I've been interested in vegetarianism for a long time, and have tried it a few times but didnt do much research on getting all the vitimins and stuff I need, blah blah.  It happens I know. But I've reallly been learning about the benefits of this way of life. Not only for my health, but for the planet and animals. That wasn't my main reason before for wanting to do this, but the more I learn the more it makes me realize  how I don't want to support the awful practices that go on just to make meat or anything.  I'm a single mom, and I want to take control of my health  for myself and my son.  I'm alittle overweight and my blood pressure is so high my doc put me on meds. Also need meds for sleep problems, depression/anxiety. My little one is only 1, so I need to get it together.  So guess what? 

I'M DOING THE 30 DAY VEGAN CHALLENGE!!

Yep, I figure it wont hurt to try, since I have an ultimate goal of being mainly if not full vegan eventually.

I really think this is the jumpstart I need. I plan on trying to in general work on being a healthier, happier person who does her part to help my own health and the planet that my son will grow up on..

I started the Challenge today. I'm going to need some support too and I think I will find it here.  I just started a new job as a waitress at a restaurant near where we are staying with family. It will have some tempations, but it's a great place to make money so for now I need it. (I wish I could find a veg restaurant near me to work!) 

Anyway, sorry if I rambled! I'm a very chatty kathy lol!!!  

Looking forward to making friends!!  

Christina

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 PM

Welcome!

It sounds like you're really excited about this, which is just fantastic! Congratulations on starting the 30-day vegan challenge, I think you're going to really enjoy it.  It's amazing how your tastes change, and how quickly you start to feel (and look) better.  

There are so many people here with wonderful tips and suggestions, and some great stories, I think you'll find everything you need here! :)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page