Hello All! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 05-09-2013, 12:54 AM

Converted to vegetarianism on January 1st, so I'm in on my 5th month of this incredible journey! Have been browsing this site the last couple of days, and decided to muster up the courage to join in and introduce myself. c: My names Keenan, and I've transitioned to VEG to make myself a better bassist! No, I'm kidding.. but I like to say that to people sometimes. cx I've taken influence though from some of my favorite musicians who just so happen to be Vegan. Someday I plan on furthering my transition to a Vegan lifestyle, but I figured i'd work my way into it! Since I've began this new, and exciting lifestyle I've been asked many questions pertaining to my choices, and feel like I've learned a lot about myself thus far. My favorite meals include Falafel, vegetable lowmein with rice noodles, black bean burritos loaded with alfalfa sprouts, and a good ol fashion raw salad with spinach, sprouts, celery, broccoli, tomatoe, carrots, and topped with a medley of nuts and almonds! I've recently started practicing yoga, and meditation! Which is amazzingg. The biggest change I've noticed over all is that I've become more compassionate, and loving! Soo that's just a little bit about me.. hope everyone's having a wondeful evening! grin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-09-2013, 01:47 AM
Ret
Beginner

Hey, welcome to the veggie side

#3 Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 AM
Impeach the gangster

That salad sounds fantastic!! Welcome to VB, Keenan! thumbsup.gif

"There is more wisdom in the song of a bird, than in the speech of a philosopher...." -Oahspe
"The thing is, you cannot judge a race. Any man who judges by the group is a pea-wit. You take men one at a time." -Buster Kilrain, The Killer Angels -Michael Shaara
"Anyone who doesn't believe in miracles isn't a realist." -Billy Wilder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 05-09-2013, 02:14 PM

The Veggie side is definitely the side to be on! Thanks guys.
#5 Old 05-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Veggie Regular

Aww, you sound so sweet I just had to say hello! tongue3.gif

Welcome to Veggieboards and I'm glad you're enjoying the ride! smiley.gif

"Treat others as you wish to be treated."

- The Golden Rule

"No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible."

- Voltair

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

- Mahatma Ghandi

"Even dust piled up will grow into a mountain."

- Japanese Proverb

#6 Old 05-09-2013, 03:00 PM
Zelda Freak

Welcome! My boyfriend is a musician too. It's a bummer because every time his band plays at clubs and such, there's no vegan food (we're both vegan). But, if more musicians go veg who knows what'll happen. Glad you joined up :) 

~ Jennifer

* Find VeggieBoards:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 +

* Find me:
+
+
#7 Old 05-09-2013, 11:56 PM

It's very interesting though, I've noticed this whole new psychoactice aspect to the way I play my instrument. It's like I'm more in tune with what's going on, and it becomes more of a feeling opposed to just an action. But yeah, eating out has definitely been a challenge! I don't mind it though, because I like to take the time to prepare my food with LOVE! I swear it makes it taste better haha bet who knows, maybe its all just in my head!

I'm always suggesting others to "GO VEG!" Especially my fellow musicians. Following in the footsteps of Liam Wilson, and labelling myself a "Wacktovist." :P
Jennifer C likes this.
#8 Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM
Don't Eat Animals.

Keenan -

Good luck with your new lifestyle & music!!!  sunny.gif

I admire musicians, for their talent & the fact that they give us such great music!!! 

TVM

All animals should be respected & should have the ability to lead a natural & enjoyable life. This means not eating them, or abusing them in any way.
#9 Old 05-11-2013, 10:05 PM

Hi, and congrats on 5 months! Sounds like you made the right choice for sure!

#10 Old 05-12-2013, 12:28 AM

Welcome! Congratulations on making the switch, I'm glad you're loving it so much! :D

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page