African/ American Indian Vegan from a small city in Texas( New Vegan from vegetarian) - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 09-29-2012, 01:57 PM

I'm Xavier, I decided that 3 years back I want to experiment around with being a vegetarian, but for those those last 3 years I was yo-yoing between omnivore, vegetarian and vegan diet and lifestyle! But from a combination of a love for all creation JESUS  has given to me and increasing conviction that the mechanize mass mistreatment and murder of creatures in CAFO's and/or the "humane" or "animal-friendly" killing/ predetermined fate of GOD's precious creation like goats,lambs, chickens and rabbits on small so-called "humane/ ethical" farms. Another way to put this is I believe that these small farms are not more ethical or humane than CAFO/operations like Cargill/ Tyson they're just less of the radar as far as the atrocity of murdering an non-human animal!!! So with this conviction I have decided to become a vegetarian again and now an permanent Vegan( no turning back). It is hard being a Vegan in Waco( small but growing city),Texas. No restaurants cater to Vegans( although their is a small scattered community of Vegans) and that means a fellow must learn to cook for himself Vegan delectables, if he is sustain his plant-powered body and lifestyle. But Lucky for I was cooking since I was like 10 years old so cooking is like breathing air to me( I don't which I find more essential, Cooking good food or Breathing. The Foodie in me would say " Duh, Food", but yoga lovers would disagree with that statement). Currently I am working a job that i like because it helps the environment aka. Recycling almost full-time in my hometown/ birthplace saving up a enough dough to go to the Natural Epicurean( Vegan/Vegetarian/Raw/ Macrobiotic) culinary school in Austin, TX( I love Austin's vegan and barista scene) to  become an professional vegan chef/ vegan pastry chef!! Oh I am 24 years old !!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 PM

Welcome to the boards and congratulations on the goals you've set for yourself.  The world could use more vegan chefs.  Especially of delicious pastries.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page