New from Michigan - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 07-19-2012, 02:12 PM

Hi

I am Kerry.  I am from Michigan and I was a vegetarian for years when I was young.  I returned to being a vegetarian a few years ago.  Partially because I love animals but I also think meat eating is contributing to world hunger. 

Since going back to a healthy vegetarian lifestyle I have lost about 140lbs. 

Below is the link to my blog page about myself.  It includes a bit about the disease I fought to get healthy and some of the things I do to be healthy in general.

(pm for the address)

In the one picture my lab was suffering terribly from her allergies and ripped all her eye hair off while I was at work, so don't think she is being abused tongue3.gif

I am still learning about what is and what is not vegetarian productwise.  I was using greek yogurt in my recipes and found out that the one I was using had gelatin in it.. yuck.. who would have thought???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 07-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Ankle Biter

Hi Kerry! Welcome to VB! Congratulations on your weight loss and your better health!

(I had to edit out the link to your site. We don't allow newbies to link to their own sites until they have been with us for 30 days or longer. )

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore
#3 Old 07-19-2012, 02:48 PM

Sounds good.  Even when I linked it I was worried I'd sound like a spammer but it gives the whole history of my heart disease so I thought I'd link it instead of talking about it grin.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 07-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Ankle Biter

You honestly do seem like a legit new member, so I'm sorry, but we do all that we can to discourage spammers. But - yeah, talk about it! There are lots of people here trying to become healthier, and your story might help someone.

It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities. ~A. Dumbledore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page