hello forums ! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 04-09-2012, 10:54 AM

Hello everybody, I want to start by saying I have been lurking around the forums for some time now. Only now am I making my first post.

My name is James and I recently (5 months) made the decision to go Vegetarian. It is an odd choice for me as I was always against the idea. One of "those" people.

As Friend of mine is a veg*n and we spent the better part of our two years as friends debating. The final outcome was not what either of us expected.

Fast forward nine months to now and here I am. I made the decision out of an argument I made in favor of the lifestyle choice. It is a counter-balance to the animal overconsumption Earth seems to be enjoying.

I thought this choice would be a challenge. That it would test not only my willpower, but it would also impact my health. I was more than a little wrong. I am not only healthier, happier, but I actually feel less anxiety than I did pre-Veg*n. Here's to months becoming years. Thanks for reading my story and welcoming to the forums.

James,
Cheers!

"One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Give peas a chance

Welcome!

Vegan Cookbooks Illustrated

http://vegan-cookbooks-illustrated.blogspot.com/

http://pinterest.com/VeganCookbooks/

#3 Old 04-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi James and welcome to the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Great introduction.

“It's no good to put aside your own happiness to bear the sorrow of others.”

- Xam'd of the Lost Memories

#5 Old 04-09-2012, 02:36 PM
Veggie Regular

Hello... and welcome to VeggieBoards!

P.S. James is simply the best name there is.
#6 Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM

@all
well, so many responses so quickly.
thanks all!

@Elliot
I figured I would come in with a bang.

@Digger
lol it's my name, unfortunately I .changing it soon.

"One may regret living at a period when it's impossible to form an idea of the shape the world of the future will assume. But there's one thing I can predict to eaters of meat: the world of the future will be vegetarian"
#7 Old 04-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Veggie Regular

Hello there.

Why the name change ?
#8 Old 04-12-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

Hello there.

Why the name change ?

Let's just say I don't enjoy midnight raids because the man who's torch I carry, is at it again.

#9 Old 04-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi James.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
https://
https://www.autistici.org/en/index.html  https://riseup.net/en

https://pay.reddit.com/r/privacy/wiki/index

#10 Old 04-15-2012, 01:59 PM

Thanks Cyberpunk for welcoming me.

#11 Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM

lol my introduction got a bump!

#12 Old 04-16-2012, 04:29 AM

Welcome and I'm glad you saw the light Welcome from one Newbie to another!

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet. ~ Albert Einstein
#13 Old 04-16-2012, 08:37 AM

It is surprisingly amazing. Some parts are going to take some adjusting. Overall happy with the choice.

#14 Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 AM
Veggie Regular

Welcome to the craziness!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
 Marilyn Monroe
#15 Old 04-17-2012, 10:35 AM

There's a subtle comfort in madness.

#16 Old 04-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Beginner

Welcome James! It is great how you are feeling! I have been vegan for two years now and I feel less anxious/worried, happier and just feel generally good!

It is nice to meet you and I look forward to chatting with you in the future

♥ ♥ My vegan recipe blog: http://veggieful.com ♥ 

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page