HIYA people!!! - VeggieBoards
Forum Jump: 

#1 Old 01-17-2012, 07:44 PM

Hello! I'm a dedicated lacto-vegetarian who eat seafood once in a while and I'm strongly opposed to factory farming and fur farming. I look forward to a future society where humans and animals can both live in peace.

In the meantime, I'm going to go cook myself some lovely broccoli salad with some olives and cheese...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Do you plan on giving up the sea-animals?

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
#3 Old 01-17-2012, 08:12 PM

Maybe.

I did a lot of research, and certain sea animals like oysters cannot feel pain, so they behave more like a plant than an animal. But they smell soooo nasty, so often I leave the seafood alone and go for my veggies instead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#4 Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essence of Life View Post

Well... no.

I did a lot of research, and certain seafood like oysters cannot feel pain, so they behave more like a plant than an animal. But they smell soooo nasty, so often I leave the seafood alone.

I'm sorry but this board is for vegetarians only =/

I'd hate to think you edited your post just so you could stick around, but still no intentions of changing.

Quote:
"You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit.”
#5 Old 01-17-2012, 08:17 PM

Maybe I didn't want to be too precise.

Look, 99.999% of the time I stay away from meat. If you don't like my posts then you're perfectly welcome not to reply to them .
#6 Old 01-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:

Maybe I didn't want to be too precise.

Look, 99.999% of the time I stay away from meat. If you don't like my posts then you're perfectly welcome not to reply to them .

I doesn't have much to do with not welcoming your posts, which I do, it's always lovely to have new people excited to be here, it's simply the rules of the board. Especially since the large part that sea animals play in the health of the ocean, I do personally feel that their life is worth every bit that of every other animals, if not more considering the peril of the seas. If it would help you on your transition, maybe research their place in the balance of the seas rather than whether or not you think they feel pain.

Quote:
#7 Old 01-17-2012, 08:23 PM

ummm... I don't know what to say, but thanks?

I could say that you can make a similar argument like that about every single plant species in the world, but if that's what the rules dictate then for sure, I'll completely remove sea animals from my diet.

Cheers.
#8 Old 01-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Banned

A vegetarian is someone who always refrains from meat. The joining agreement clearly states that you must be vegetarian or seriously transitioning into being completely vegetarian in order to be a member here. Fish is meat; these are just the rules. Vegetarians don't eat animals, which sea animals are just as much as you and me are.

If you're removing sea animals from your diet, then that's great! I know there are a lot of misinformed people that come here that are confused about fish based on what they've heard or been told, but when they care about animals and completely stop eating them, it's always nice to have a new member!
#9 Old 01-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Herbivorous Urchin

Quote:

ummm... I don't know what to say, but thanks?

I could say that you can make a similar argument like that about every single plant species in the world, but if that's what the rules dictate then for sure, I'll completely remove sea animals from my diet.

Cheers.

You could say that for every plant species, but you would be wrong. Most of the plant agriculture is fed to livestock animals. Additionally, we can always replant more seeds, when you destroy an underwater ecosystem, it pretty much just dies. As we farm plants, and capture most sea animals from the ocean, it's an entirely different and exciting argument, which I would love to discuss with you if you like!

Quote:
#10 Old 01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Arrrg! Me mateys.

Hello there Essence of Life.

This is not just a vegetarian forum, it's a forum for vegetarians, and people who are working towards being a vegetarian. Vegetarians don't eat fish or crustaceans or molluscs or anything else in the animal kingdom. If you're planning on removing aquatic animals from your diet, you are more than welcome to stay here on VB, but if not, I'm afraid this forum isn't right for you.

korrakorrakorrakorrakorra
#11 Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Yup yup got it!
#12 Old 01-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Veggie Regular

Hi and welcome! I hope you'll enjoy your stay, and I assure you that if you give it a little time,
you won't miss seafood the least bit.

Eat Your Vegetables

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the VeggieBoards forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page